Y Tu Mama Tambien

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by spicymackerel, Nov 4, 2002.

1. spicymackerel

spicymackerel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been looking forward to this film coming out on Region 1. Region 2 release just seems to have dolby stereo but region 1 is advertised as having a 5:1 soundtrack. (Play.com)

I've also read region 1 reviews that mention the 5:1 soundtrack and praise the use of this in the underwater scene in the film. -
    http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews2/ytumamatambienunrated.html

I shopped about for best region 1 price and bought from futureent.com where language is just mentioned as Spanish. Futureent are always pretty vague with their audio information so I didn't worry about this.

I'm pretty hacked off to receive today from futureent a dolby stereo region 1 version. I have now re-ordered the play version with the soundtrack I wanted and will try and get futureent to take this one back.

Anybody enlighten me to what's gone on or have I just been a victim of not inspecting the small print too carefully ?:mad:

2. Thomas Rassinger

Thomas Rassinger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, there are two Region 1 (unrated) versions:
    • One from MGM (USA) which has a 5.1 soundtrack & extras
    • One from Alliance (Canada) which has only a 2.0 soundtrack and is a barebones disc. This is probably the one you got from Future Entertainment despite them showing the cover of the MGM DVD on their site.
    The UK Region 2 version is essentially the MGM DVD plus a quite extensive booklet and a subtitled commentary.

Hope that helps.