Y The Last Man

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Y: The Last Man has bit of a following from it's graphic novel readers.
Y: The Last Man is a dystopian science fiction comic book series by Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra published by Vertigo beginning in 2002. The series is about the only man to survive the apparent simultaneous death of every male mammal on on Earth, apart from the man's own pet monkey.

Shia LaBeouf and director D.J. Caruso were once attached to the big screen project.

Recently TV producers-turned-writers Matthew Federman and Stephen Scaia were hired to do a new script for the adaptation.

Filmmaker Christian Cardona has made an impressive 23-minute fan film based on the comic (Below)

IGN;
Adapting some of the earliest portions of Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra's hit Vertigo Comics series, Y: The Last Man. Rising stars Travis Quentin Young as Yorick Brown, Kent King as Agent 355, and Rebecca Marshall as Hero Brown as their paths begin to converge in the wake of a global catasrophe that wipes out all the men on the planet, save for Yorick and his pet monkey Ampersand.

IGN and Drake 1129 Productions are proud to present this new short film, made by super fans of the comic. It covers the initial plague that kills any mammal with a Y chromosome (except Yorick and his trusty monkey companion, Ampersand) and an awesome fight between Agent 355 and a fanatical group of Amazons.

I have not had a chance to view the whole film, so i'll tag a warning on just in case;

Viewer Discretion is Advised
The video page contains mature subject matter and is suitable for adults only.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfgzjWuPMBc]Y: The Last Man Rising [Fan Film] - YouTube[/ame]

5858.jpg

I recently just finished this graphic novel and found it to be brillant apart from the ending which was a bit flat. It was quite lengthy, I'd prefer to see it as a long running, big scale TV series like Walking Dead. Otherwise they're probably going to make a trilogy out of it which would condense too much into say a 6-7 hr total length.

I recently just finished this graphic novel and found it to be brillant apart from the ending which was a bit flat. It was quite lengthy, I'd prefer to see it as a long running, big scale TV series like Walking Dead. Otherwise they're probably going to make a trilogy out of it which would condense too much into say a 6-7 hr total length.

Couldn't agree more. Loved the comic until the ending. Very much 'Oh, is that it?"

As far as I can recall, DJ Caruso walked from the movie adaptation because he wanted to do a trilogy & the producers balked at the suggestion. US cable tv (FX, AMC, HBO, Showtime) would be the best way to go.

Reportedly studio 'New Line Cinema' is pleased with a draft from former Jericho writers Matthew Federman and Stephen Scaia, and are now in the process for looking for a director to helm the project.

PORTAL short film director Dan Trachtenberg to helm Y: The Last Man

In 2006 Dan Trachtenberg talked about the comic on his podcast Geekdrome. Now the audio is available on Youtube.

Last edited:
I am so happy about this...been holding onto my shares in this film on the Hollywood Stock Exchange for about 3 years because they made a huge loss and I didn't want to sell up...and they just took off...quids in!!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom