Y splitter for sub cable

Mr Pleasant

I've just bought an Ixos 1081 sub phono lead which seems to have reasonable gold-plated connectors. A couple of forumites seem to think you should split a single phono lead into a pair if the line level input on your sub accepts a stereo pair - which mine does. So, where should I look for a decent-ish Y connector that won't lose me the quality of signal the Ixos is providing?

GlennC

Hi

I have the same sub cable and IXOS make a splitter to go with this cable part number IXOS 1009-Y1F.

HTH

Glenn

DodgeTheViper

Originally posted by GlennC
Hi

I have the same sub cable and IXOS make a splitter to go with this cable part number IXOS 1009-Y1F.

Interesting !!!
I also have the same sub cable with a Velodyne CHT-15. I have heard that the 'Y' splitter is not worth bothering with, and just leave the sub permanantly switched on. I couldn't find a good quality splitter anyway.
So......... now i ask, is this Ixos splitter worth buying, and then leave the sub in 'wake me up' mode.

Cheers
Kev

GlennC

I suppose that it depends on the sub but it certainly improved the output from my Elac 301sub that came with my cinema 3 sub\sat system. Also improved things with the KEF eggwoofer i tried before buying the Elac`s:)

B

bob007

Originally posted by mozzer
So......... now i ask, is this Ixos splitter worth buying, and then leave the sub in 'wake me up' mode.

Cheers
Kev
Even with the splitter connected in auto mode the sub could still have a tendency to be slow in switching on.

Better off IMO leaving the sub on all the time.

If you decide to try the splitter what would be interesting would be your findings. ;)

DodgeTheViper

Sorted Bob,

I'm off to the shop's.................:D

Cheers
Kev

R

rjs1974

When you guys talk about having the sub "always on" what do you mean?

I have noticed it takes a while to cut in sometimes, like it is dormant and only cuts in as and when??

Also, when I ran the THX setup on "The Terminator" DVD, when it has the schematic showing all the speakers and it cycles a test tone through each, when the sub is tested nothing happens, even though it seems to work ok during movies.

Please advise.

Many thanks.

B

bob007

Originally posted by rjs1974
When you guys talk about having the sub "always on" what do you mean?

"always on" not in stand-by/auto on/off but permanently switched on.

I have noticed it takes a while to cut in sometimes, like it is dormant and only cuts in as and when??
Sounds like you have selected the auto on/off function, try configuring the sub (by-pass the ato on/off) so it is premanently on.

Also, when I ran the THX setup on "The Terminator" DVD, when it has the schematic showing all the speakers and it cycles a test tone through each, when the sub is tested nothing happens, even though it seems to work ok during movies.

Have you got the sub connected to the amp, via low level input or speaker level?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom