• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Y-Axis: Do You Reverse It ?????

nheather

Distinguished Member
I have recently added an XBox 360 to my Home Cinema - big HD screen and full DD sound is superb.

But as a long term PC Gamer I am really struggling without a mouse for aiming/looking in FPS type games.

I guess it will take some time to get used to using a stick - but at the moment where I was king on the PC my 12 year old son rules on the XBox.

My other problem is that my only experience of using a stick for aiming/viewing is in flight sims - so I automatically pull back to move my aim/view up the screen.

I know it's just something I've got to get use to but I am interested whether others have had the same problem and whether they have used the Reverse Y-Axis' option that is available in most games or just perservered with the standard setting.

Cheers,

Nigel

I do reverse the setting (invert) - you can actually modify your gamer profile so all games default to invert Y, so I guess you can become standard :)

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
I always use invert, have tried playing it the other way but I just cant get used to it.

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
Every time. Feels much more natural and instinctive after a while...

nheather

Distinguished Member
Thanks guys - especially for the tip in the profile.

Hopefully I'll be able to beat my son at least once - bit like that Simpsons episode at the moment.

Cheers,

Nigel

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom