Xxx: State Of The Union Blu-ray Review

Tech News

News Supplying Robot
Reviewed by Brian Day
The biggest problem I had with xXx: The Next level is the fact that it’s left wide open for a third instalment. Now, I haven’t checked lately to see if one is in the pipeline, but if they do decide to produce another xXx movie, in the words of the great Comic Book Guy – “I shall log onto the interweb and register my disgust world-wide immediately!”
It’s terrible – plain and simple. No direction, poor script, wooden acting...I could go on but I won’t.

As a Blu-ray package, I’m afraid it doesn’t fair much better. The picture quality is good to average. Detail is high but colours are a little overcooked – fleshtones suffer and a few of the actors look like they have been out in the sun far too long.
The soundtrack, whilst well engineered, is so over the top it will tire you out. The continuous rap music takes over the whole soundstage and makes everything confusing and muddy.
The extras package is a direct port from previous Standard Definition releases so bring nothing new to the table.

I certainly can’t recommend this as an upgrade from one of those SD versions if you have one – I probably really shouldn’t recommend it at all – avoid.
Read the full review...

goodtimes

I enjoyed it for what it is ...eye candy.
if the kids are playing up around the place this is the movie that never fails to RAP them up for a wee while.
as far as the kids most around 11 years old are concerned it compulsory watching

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom