1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XXX and Spiderman trailers on Res. Evil

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by juboy, Aug 14, 2002.

1. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone else watched the XXX and Spiderman trailers included on the R1 version on Resident Evil?

They're both in DD5.1 and XXX both looks and sounds superb... with similar rear channel activity to the classic Fast & Furious DVD sound mix.

However, when watching the Spiderman trailer although the picture quality is excellent the LFE level seems to be set so high as to push my sub into distortion. This seems odd as my sub (Rel Q150e) volume level is always set very low (maybe around 8 or 9 o'clock on the dial).

I just wondered if anyone else had noticed this problem with this trailer? If so, it may well be that the full DVD release also has the same issues.

2. loz99

loz99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Black Hawk Down also has Spiderman Trailer, it's also got trailer for Jet Li 's The One!!

loz99

3. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Re: the Spiderman trailer, have you noticed the sub level being distorted or noticeably louder than others?

Resident Evil also has the truly demo worthy Final Fantasy trailer along with the truly toilet worthy 'Formula 51' (aka 51st State) trailer.

4. loz99

loz99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll check it out soon and let you know.

loz99

5. Dick Scratcher

Dick Scratcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    xXx is getting some poor advance screening notices in the States. Looks like the best secret agent movie this year (and any other year for that matter) will still be Bond.

6. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not that it means it's good, but XXX did take $30 in it's opening weekend and knocked Mel Gibson/M Night Shyamalan off the number one spot... I dare say it's not a bad 90minutes worth :)

7. penfold

penfold

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    $30? Isn't that about 4 people?! lol, only kidding, I know you meant $30m.

Looking forward to Resi Evil actually. Hopefully it won't be like other game-film conversions.