Question xxls400 or Q acoustics QB12 , first real sub advice coming from a logitech z5500 !

The QB12 has a class d amp. it should be more efficient than the old class ab amps in bk subs.

Don't think the SDFL code works with grade M refurbs sadly.

It should work specifically with those cause they say "Warehouse deal". If you look new product then there is no mention of that!

Black Friday Deals Price
Save an extra 10% off the AV Online price with code SDFL on ALL SVS Warehouse Deals

It should work specifically with those cause they say "Warehouse deal". If you look new product then there is no mention of that!

Black Friday Deals Price
Save an extra 10% off the AV Online price with code SDFL on ALL SVS Warehouse Deals

Thanks to your heads up yesterday, I tried it but wouldn't work on the £415 one they have in stock. But it did work on the £440 one so bit the bullet on that. 👍

The xxls 400 is a very fine sub. It's adept at movies and importantly for me is also very musical sounding. It may not have mega slam compared to more expensive subs but I have never felt lacking in bass in my modest sized living room running my 5.1.4 setup.

Just ordered the XXLS400 forward firing from the ebay site !, thanks for all the help and comprehensive advice :) I'll update when it arrives !

I am sure your going to find it very good for your situation, just set it up with Audyssey and preferably put the sub in a corner to get some free bass boost.

What is your room layout and where will you be sitting in relation to the tv speakers and sub.

Room layout is not ideal but should be fine - TV is in the corner at an angle- loads of room behind it and hoping to put the sub there. I'll see if I can put up a rough diagram later to illustrate, have to work out the best position for the two Atmos speakers as well now (I have two Q acoustics 7000i for this, hope they are up to the job!)

@MickEire look P12-300SB-PR model which BK claims is suited for larger rooms and it outperforms XXLS400 regarding movies due to passive radiator design which is close to ported designs so you get lot more output below 30hz where the XXLS400 is reported to sound bit soft.

As a bonus you get auto on/off feature which is missing from XXLS400. Price difference is 20£!

Would this sub be better sutured for music? I was in the hunt for a subwoofer - BK XLS400 or second hand REL S3. This is for a stereo set up in a room 6.5m by 3.5m.

@MickEire look P12-300SB-PR model which BK claims is suited for larger rooms and it outperforms XXLS400 regarding movies due to passive radiator design which is close to ported designs so you get lot more output below 30hz where the XXLS400 is reported to sound bit soft.

As a bonus you get auto on/off feature which is missing from XXLS400. Price difference is 20£!

Would this sub be better sutured for music? I was in the hunt for a subwoofer - BK XLS400 or second hand REL S3. This is for a stereo set up in a room 22ft by

Would this sub be better sutured for music? I was in the hunt for a subwoofer - BK XLS400 or second hand REL S3. This is for a stereo set up in a room 6.5m by 3.5m.

BK recommends XXLS400 for music systems! The P12-PR is more toward movies to fill larger spaces and bring stronger low end.

Hi,
Looking for a sub to complete my first real av system, room is about 12X18 ft.
Have q acoustics 3050 for front left and right, 3090ci for center, 3010 for rear left and right and 7000i for atmos. Denon 2700 just arrived yesterday :) :)

I have narrowed it down to the xxls400 or the q acoustics QB12 but scanning over the forums the BK subs seem highly regarded. Its main use will be movies, but the monolith is over my budget (so are the xxls400 and qb12 but what the hell !)

the only comparable thing i had before i purchased this system was a logitech z5500 system, which i was impressed with for what it was, loved the sub on it. i assume the xxls400 would blow it out of the water??
any opinions on the xxls400? v QB12? hoping to purchase this weekend !!
I have recently purchased a KLH Windsor 12" active subwoofer from American Audio. It's a huge piece of audio equipment. I wanted a subwoofer to match my KLH Cambridge Loudspeakers. This was reduced from a list price of £649 down to £299. It's absolutely brilliant. KLH are not that well known in the UK but based on my experience they produce some fine speakers.

Interested in the OP's thoughts when they set the sub up.

I'm looking to complete my system as I'm still rocking the sub from the Tannoy SFX set from the years ago. Well, it doesn't rock much.

Speaker cable just arrived yesterday and hope to have it all set up and running in the first half of this week, going to run the two Atmos cables through the attic , sub will probably have to go behind the tv. I'll will report back on how it all goes (hopefully no mushroom cloud!), Looking forward to having it all sorted. Have no 4k Blu-ray player yet though, seen the Sony x700 for 149 euro on Amazon Spain, looks like a good price but a lot of people seem to have issues with it so I'm not so sure now !

Just a quick update !
I wired everything up during the week, Denon 2700, q acoustics 3050 for front left and right, 3090ci for center, 3010 for rear left and right plus the 7000i for atmos and the xxls400 from BK for the sub. using eARC from reciever into the tv. and........... holy mother of god ! it sounds terrific!!

Extremely happy with the system and the way it all seems to blend together, i was prepared for effects and things whizzing by me ect.. but what i was not expecting was the shear quality of the audio and the amount of information on the surround audio channels. my 4k blu-ray player hasn't arrived yet but ive been flicking through netflix..

Our planet on netflix -the audio on this is unreal, it's almost an art form in itself. extremely impressive!

The first few minutes on 6 underground- (the movie with the car that repair's itself multiple times during the opening few minutes)

The start of the first epsode of stranger things season 3 ep1

and loads more :) :)

Going to have to get some serious amounts of popcorn for the weekend !! :) :)

Always great to read these happy owner thoughts. :)

Wait until you get that bluray player and get to play some good flick with lossless dts hd ma / dolby true hd soundtrack. Fellow member has almost similar setup to yours with Monolith+ and he was blown away the difference it made (streaming vs. bluray). Few good flicks to consider here, post #24

Bookmark this section as you may do great findings while saving money. :)

@MickEire I don't suppose aside from quality and lower end, you find that the Z5500 sub can actually give the XXLS400 a run for its money in the mids, 30-60? I moved from Z5500 to a 2.1 system with an XXLS400, now a Mono+ and 4.1 system, and whilst I wouldn't stick an old Z5500 in its place, I still think gosh that Z5500 can still pump some bass.

@MickEire I don't suppose aside from quality and lower end, you find that the Z5500 sub can actually give the XXLS400 a run for its money in the mids, 30-60? I moved from Z5500 to a 2.1 system with an XXLS400, now a Mono+ and 4.1 system, and whilst I wouldn't stick an old Z5500 in its place, I still think gosh that Z5500 can still pump some bass.
I was very impressed with the z5500 sub for what it was, sold it about two months ago to fund the current purchases, would have loved to do a direct comparison of the two subs at the same time. hard to tell for me now how they would have compared, but i agree on the z5500 ! it did pump some fine bass. it was a great set up for a small price, the newer version (z906 i think) is usually heavily discounted on amazon during the sales - sometimes even as low as £160 for the full 5.1 system - amazing value ! :)

The Z960 has a tiny 8" sub though more like the Z680 before the Z5500.

I just use my Z5500 in the bedroom as a 2.1 setup, it sounds very muffled though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom