xxls400 ff or df?

liamgdr

Established Member
Reaction score
I've finally made the decision to buy a xxls400, (nothing in the classified and the vultures are circling) but I can't decide between ff and df.

I've read conflicting advice on this forum, other forums and from BK themselves.

My room is 5m x 4m opening into a 2.5m x 3.5m kitchen at the back so roughly 28.75 sqm, the tv is on the 5 meter wall and the floor is laminate on concrete.

Any advice on which one to go for?

Cheers,

Liam.

I've finally made the decision to buy a xxls400, (nothing in the classified and the vultures are circling) but I can't decide between ff and df.

I've read conflicting advice on this forum, other forums and from BK themselves.

My room is 5m x 4m opening into a 2.5m x 3.5m kitchen at the back so roughly 28.75 sqm, the tv is on the 5 meter wall and the floor is laminate on concrete.

Any advice on which one to go for?

Cheers,

Liam.

I went for the FF, for no other reason than it seemed to be the obvious choice, to me at least.

Graham.

I've always had FF subs (Sony, Rel, Paradigm, B&W etc). I used to think like the OP, speaker pressurising the room made sense to fire into the room.
Obviously since more and more bass information and knowledge has become available it's clear it's not as clear a choice.

I recently bought an XXLS400 and went for DF. Why? The performance is the same for in room performance, aesthetically I think the DF looks better and there's less chance of the grill or driver getting damaged.

I believe BK advise the only time you should really choose FF over DF is if you have suspended wooden floors that may cause issues.
Some people also suggest FF will give more flexibility over placement but for me the DF is great in a 6m x 4m room.

Lee

I've always had FF subs (Sony, Rel, Paradigm, B&W etc). I used to think like the OP, speaker pressurising the room made sense to fire into the room.
Obviously since more and more bass information and knowledge has become available it's clear it's not as clear a choice.

I recently bought an XXLS400 and went for DF. Why? The performance is the same for in room performance, aesthetically I think the DF looks better and there's less chance of the grill or driver getting damaged.

I believe BK advise the only time you should really choose FF over DF is if you have suspended wooden floors that may cause issues.
Some people also suggest FF will give more flexibility over placement but for me the DF is great in a 6m x 4m room.

Lee
I have a xxls400 DF and FF in Walnut.

Sounds great 2 subwoofers ajusted with Audessey XT32.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom