XVIM CCTV SYSTEM

satnavman

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a X vim CCTV SYSTEM.I have installed it and got it up and running.However,I don't know how to set the internet part up.I need someone with knowledge in this type of system to explain to me in plain English language how I set it up(it runs on cloud), what parameters I set, what I set them to etc, and how I use the system over the internet........I also need to know how to use the Pant,Tilt,& Zoom(PTZ), function.I don't even know how to set that up or if it can only be set up to use over the internet.Any help to use this system to its fullness would be greatly appreciated.If it is of any help, the system has 8 infra red cctv cameras running on a 1 gig hard drive.the hard drive says H264 network dvr

Hi, I have the 4 cam version and am also struggling to get the remote viewer software to work. My network is set up with no conflicts but the android camera software just will not connect to the cams...Frustrating to say the least. Hope someone can us out of our misery.

I too have the same system 8 cam. Everything is working fine but we can't set up the internet to connect to our android phones. Please help someone.

I’m going to guess the app this used (N_Eye I believe) has become our if day. In the App Store at least it hasn’t been updated for over a year.

If it was working you enter your serial number and away it should go (whether that was ever reliable is debatable).

These rely on a direct P2P view of the device so that is usually a code generated by the device somewhere in the menu that makes the device visible without looking for your main and local IP address. Check the menus to look for that - it’s connecting to the internet you look for - not connecting to your local network.

First, have you configured the DVR box with a static IP address or if using DHCP bound the supplied address to the box's MAC address ?
Second, if configured right you should be able to use a PC or laptop to access it on the LAN.

For access from outside it is a bit more complex -

First you need to find out what ports the system uses. You would then need to open these ports on the firewall on the router for use. For incoming traffic on the ports point it to the DVR box.

Setup users on DVR box for access.

In most cases a home user will not have a static address set on the router so you will need to sign up for a Dynamic DNS service. This will allow you to get to your router from outside with ease. Another to check for beforehand is to see if the manufacturer offers default DDNS settings.

Point - when testing external access to the DVR remember to switch off wifi first on the device you are using!!!

I agree a static address may be used but I think it is rare nowadays. Mostly due to the complications for users who have no idea about what it means and their ISP prices a dynamic address as standard.

The menu on the device would normally allow the option to use static or dynamic for device discovery at the router and if dynamic then provide de some kind of ID and password. Some have a QR Code the device generates from memory.

Anyway the OP is maybe struggling with the whole seeing the device from the internet issue. I searched for the instructions for that device and a generic Chinese device and software instructions came up. As I posted the app that used is out of date in the Apple store at least. If the OP can at least confirm if they got that far or exactly where they were having issues that would help. They don’t seem to appear using @ which doesn’t help to ask for some details of where they are at either.

After 2 hours of playing around with every setting possible I have sussed it.
Dvr is connected via Ethernet to router all showed up as connected to internet but p2p was showing as disconnected. After almost giving up and deciding to try email alert I entered email settings for email in alarm section and that’s when p2p showed as connected. All works on laptop and phone can view remotely. It requires your email address, account user name (email address again) and password for email. Hope this helps you all out.

I bought my 8 channel on E bay with a 3 year store warranty and its almost 2 years old and recently got a warning sign . " Warning No partition in common Disk group" such that it no longer records. The Manual is hard to follow and have sent numerous e mail to XVim via ebay and direct to their e mail but they do not respond as belwo.
Q1.) Does anybody Know how to get this up and running again or Q2.) Got a UK contact No or e mail for there UK Oldham dispatch depot

Why are you not responding to my numerous e mails to rectify the fault?? its 2 years old and under your 3 year store warranty Here is my last message sent to you on 21 Nov 2109 so please resolve my issue,

New message to: surveillance14
Further Reminder for your response to the message sent

"Hi I have not received a reply to my e mail or my e bay message and have just sent you another e mail tomaxsightcctv gmail adress as follows which shows the purchase history string so can you please respond

Can you please respond as need my CCTV operational

To clarify.

1) I got a warning (No partition in common Disk group)and somehow it just erased all previous recordings except for last 4 days and when I set it back to factory setting all recordings went.

2). When I press the 3 options "prompt Alarm" box on the Display Warning "No partition in common Disk group" and it just continues to cycle the 8 channels and display the 4 cameras. It no longer records

3). When I press " OK " the 8 channel still displays but when I hit Main Menu I again get the Display Warning (Once only) then press OK again I can access the Main Menu options

4). When I press "CLEAR" the 8 channel still displays but when I hit Main Menu it keeps displaying the Display Warning

Can you please guide me through the reset process as its not stated in the manual you previously sent. Ideally I need a UK contact telephone number of somebody familiar with this product to get this working again

Regards

Paul

surveillance14
Hello friend, when did you order the system? and what is your inbox,we will send a manual to you,thanks.
sledgeuk1:
Hi There I have a 4 camera 8 channel H264 which was working fine until this morning as it no longer records but cameras are all ok . I checked record history and only the last 4 days showed until midnight last night 13/11/2019, I rebooted it and WARNING signal " No partition in common Disk group" I have inserted Prompt alarm box no change OK No Change and Cancel No change except now no record history completely gone

Hello friend, when did you order the system? and what is your inbox,we will send a manual to you,thanks.

Hi There I have a 4 camera 8 channel H264 which was working fine until this morning as it no longer records but cameras are all ok . I checked record history and only the last 4 days showed until midnight last night 13/11/2019, I rebooted it and WARNING signal " No partition in common Disk group" I have inserted Prompt alarm box no change OK No Change and Cancel No change except there is now no record history at all . I then put it to "Factory Settings" and still no recording. How do I reset it to record thanks Paul​

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Q1.) Does anybody Know how to get this up and running again
Can you get to the main menu ? It should look like this or similar -
Menu 1.jpg

Choose system Setup which will take you to -
Menu 2.jpg

Then choose HDD Setup to get to -
Menu 3.jpg

From here you can select Format at the bottom. This will format the disk and the system should begin recording again.

thanks for the swift response maf1970. Not really WP_20191128_14_11_38_Pro.jpgup to speed with this but have a different format. From the first screen hit Config the 2nd screen hit "EDIT" on " Device Name" then on 3rd screen got Device Name to fill in so what do I enter here. I have gone back to main menu and hit disc Manage and have posted the sequence on a follow on page

Attachments

• WP_20191128_14_13_35_Pro.jpg
    WP_20191128_14_13_35_Pro.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 456
  • WP_20191128_14_14_26_Pro.jpg
    WP_20191128_14_14_26_Pro.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 402
so gone back to main menu then hit disc manage which displays with 3 options so hit "refresh" nothing happened so then hit "hardisc intl" where I got formatting will erase all data and hit OK got last screen shot "find New HDD SatA1" but still does not record.

Attachments

• WP_20191128_14_54_41_Pro.jpg
    WP_20191128_14_54_41_Pro.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 592
  • WP_20191128_14_39_57_Pro.jpg
    WP_20191128_14_39_57_Pro.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 979
  • WP_20191128_14_41_41_Pro.jpg
    WP_20191128_14_41_41_Pro.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 344
  • WP_20191128_14_42_14_Pro.jpg
    WP_20191128_14_42_14_Pro.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 176
thanks for the swift response maf1970. Not really WP_20191128_14_11_38_Pro.jpgup to speed with this but have a different format. From the first screen hit Config the 2nd screen hit "EDIT" on " Device Name" then on 3rd screen got Device Name to fill in so what do I enter here. I have gone back to main menu and hit disc Manage and have posted the sequence on a follow on page
The details under config are just the standard system settings. Not what you are looking for.

so gone back to main menu then hit disc manage which displays with 3 options so hit "refresh" nothing happened so then hit "hardisc intl" where I got formatting will erase all data and hit OK got last screen shot "find New HDD SatA1" but still does not record.
The second picture I think gives the answer. It shows no capacity and status is exception. This would suggest the drive has failed. You could try the remove HDD button and then go back to the main menu and redo it all and see if it will find the drive.
If not then I would say the drive has failed. :(Replacement drives are not expensive and it could be an easy replacement. You could, of course, try the people you bought it from but I wouldn't hold your breath there.:facepalm:

thanks again for that I have just been onto E bay live chat asking them to get XVim to respond as No reply to 5 reminders. I sent a random message to XVim from somebody else's E bay account querying the 3 year warranty procedure and got a rapid response from them and posted this response back to XVim with my issues but again its been ignored. Maybe I should set up a separate XVim warning post on here about XVim being mute and not honouring operational issues. Problem I have is if I Interfere with it they will claim Guarantee Void so in catch 22 until and if they ever respond. I note they are also selling on Amazon who I have never used

Sent to XVim 26 Nov 2019
Hi again I have sent you numerous requests for help in resolving the Warning sign displayed with zero response as outlined in this string below. This item is still under your 3 year guarantee so please either give me a clear remedial response so I can try and get this operating or sent me the return shipping label in accordance with your reply sent today to a independent person concerning your 3 year guarantee as in red italics . Hello friend, our system are all test well before shipping, if there is any issue with the system ,we will try our best to resolve for you,and if you need return it in case,we will provide return shippng lable to you ,then you can return it to our After-sales in UK ,so please don't worry,thanks.

I have a X vim CCTV SYSTEM.I have installed it and got it up and running.However,I don't know how to set the internet part up.I need someone with knowledge in this type of system to explain to me in plain English language how I set it up(it runs on cloud), what parameters I set, what I set them to etc, and how I use the system over the internet........I also need to know how to use the Pant,Tilt,& Zoom(PTZ), function.I don't even know how to set that up or if it can only be set up to use over the internet.Any help to use this system to its fullness would be greatly appreciated.If it is of any help, the system has 8 infra red cctv cameras running on a 1 gig hard drive.the hard drive says H264 network dvr
Their website www.xvimcam.com is a ghost so cant get info just lots of U tube and other companies info . [email protected] gets no replies. Messaging via E bay contact gets no response so No customer service when things go wrong or a latent defect occurs in the 3 year warranty where they state on E bay site they will send a return label. I have got friends to message them via e bay as to their contact details and UK Dispatch office to return items but zero response. The 2 page user manual is totally inadequate so how does one get a proper user manual if www.xvimcam.com is non existant and no response to queries

Looks like they have ceased trading. Have you sorted the HDD problem ? Did you replace the drive ?

Looks like they have ceased trading. Have you sorted the HDD problem ? Did you replace the drive ?
I just went to purchase a new one on e bay and made a offer of 100 pound on their 109 pound 8 channel 4 camera unit and got this "Sorry, the seller isn't accepting bids or offers from you at this time. This may occur for various reasons. For example, the seller might have a limit for the amount of items that can be purchased within a given time." I got somebody else to do the same and no issue so it appears they are still in business but implies any contact from me is blocked to evade my guarantee follow up and still cant sent them messages via e bay "Contact Seller" but others can. What makes you think they are out of business? ( But they should be with this appraoch)

Last edited:
Might be worthwhile trying to raise a case with eBay about one of their sellers not honouring their guarantees and not responding to messages etc.

Had a live chat with E bay on this about XVim using E bay platform with a 3 year guarantee which was not being honoured due to No response and asked them to intervene but E bay were non Committal. See attached I got 3 people to message Xvim for a UK address so could issue a small Claims court against them but No XVim response. E mailed Trading Standards Office who shunted me to CAB who suggested small claims court. My last message to XVim was using their "Friend" terminology got ignored
Sent: 29 November 2019 13:05
To: eBay - xvimshop <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>
Subject:FW: Complaint

Hi Friend Can you please give me your UK Oldham Dispatch address as I need to issue a small claims court paper to you for violating your 3 year guarantee

Sent: 29 November 2019 12:45
To: [email protected] <[email protected]>; eBay - xvimshop <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>
Subject:FW: Complaint

Hi again

Your failure to respond is forcing me to take alternative steps which should not be necessary. Your simple response of how to reset this would eliminate all this and its difficult to understand why you are taking this approach to be silent as this issue will not go away. Be reminded your silence in effectively not honouring your 3 year guarantee is false advertising in the UK which is a option I can pursue if it a warranty issue.

I have just been onto E bay again and have been advised.

We're still concerned to hear that you've had a problem with the seller and we will investigate and take appropriate action.

Sellers who consistently give poor service will be found accountable. Actions we take may result in listing cancellation, limits on account privileges, account suspension, loss of eBay fees on cancelled listings and loss of Top Rated Seller status.
I will give you 5 working days to resolve my issue and if there is still no response from XVim I will pursue all options open to me.

Regards

Paul Hammer

Ebay live chat could not attach it#

2019 - 11 - 29
11:20:46 UTC sledgeuk1
Hi have just sent a complaint message to XVim and would like you to put pressure on them

11:21:03 UTC sledgeuk1
From: Paul r Sent: 29 November 2019 11:11 To: eBay - xvimshop ; [email protected] ; [email protected] Subject: FW: Complaint Hi There Can you please explain why you are not responding ? I have been in communication with e bay regarding your failure to respond to my issue under warranty and they should have contacted you about it. I note from feedback that other customers have also experienced similar lack of response. I am somewhat confused as I am unable to sent a message to you when I view your shop on E bay using my Ebay user ID but using other users E bay accounts they can, So have you blocked me ??? Should it be necessary to put warnings out on the numerous forums or escalate this as a complaint with econsumer.gov: econsumer - Report international scams online! Regards Paul Hammer

11:22:14 UTC Shubhangi
Hello Paul, good morning.

11:22:19 UTC Shubhangi
Thanks for the above details.

11:22:35 UTC sledgeuk1
Good morning have you read the above

11:23:36 UTC Shubhangi
Yes, I have read the above message.

11:23:40 UTC sledgeuk1
If a supplier on Ebay offers a warranty then fails to respond that is a complaint to E bay on that seller so what action can you take

11:24:49 UTC Shubhangi
I will explain the details to you. First of all . I am very sorry to learn that the seller is not cooperating with you for this transaction.

11:25:04 UTC Shubhangi
Unfortunately, because this listing ended more than 30 days ago, it's too late to open a case in the eBay Resolution Centre. We have a 30-day deadline as we feel it's a fair amount of time for buyers to identify a problem while allowing for delays in the post and personal circumstances.

11:25:23 UTC Shubhangi
We're still concerned to hear that you've had a problem with the seller and we will investigate and take appropriate action.

11:25:48 UTC Shubhangi
Sellers who consistently give poor service will be found accountable. Actions we take may result in listing cancellation, limits on account privileges, account suspension, loss of eBay fees on cancelled listings and loss of Top Rated Seller status.

11:26:48 UTC sledgeuk1
The issue is on E bay they state "THE SHOP" offers 3 year warranty and it was purchased under 2 years ago

11:27:16 UTC sledgeuk1
So their failure to resoond is in breach of advertising on E bay

11:27:31 UTC Shubhangi
Paul, kindly allow me to share that warranty is directly provided by the seller or the manufacturer and not by eBay.

11:28:08 UTC Shubhangi
However as you have reported the seller to us, we will take actions on them if they are helf at fault.

11:28:13 UTC Shubhangi

11:29:46 UTC sledgeuk1
Reiiterating its false advertising on E bay if they don't respond to the guarantee Look at two other negative feedbacks on this but in fairness on some negative feedbacks they responded

11:32:45 UTC Shubhangi
Paul, I can assure you that as you reported this seller to us our seller risk management team will constantly review this sellers account.

11:33:06 UTC Shubhangi
All the account details including the feedbacks will be reviewed to take necessary actions on them.

11:34:14 UTC Shubhangi
I don't mean to rush you. I just want to ensure that we are still connected.

11:34:27 UTC sledgeuk1

11:34:39 UTC Shubhangi
Thanks for confirming.

11:35:05 UTC Shubhangi
Please feel free to share any other concerns that I can look for you today. I would be glad to help you.

11:35:32 UTC sledgeuk1
Ok what can we do to get them tom act swiftly as don't have CCTV working and if I remove the hard drive it will be a violation of the guarantee when and if ever they respond

11:36:20 UTC sledgeuk1
without all the review and monitoring of the company do you have a swift means to warn them to respond to me

11:37:07 UTC Shubhangi
If the seller is not cooperating with you you may certainly contact your small claims court to know your consumer rights in this situation.

11:37:13 UTC sledgeuk1
#can you contcat them today

11:37:27 UTC Shubhangi
You can also contact your local law and enforcement to get this issue resolved.

11:38:05 UTC Shubhangi
I would have loved to contact them , unfortunately under the general data protection rule we are not authorised to contact a member on other members behalf.

11:39:19 UTC Shubhangi
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

11:39:36 UTC sledgeuk1
We are missing the point here one of your sellers is violating e bay rules by not honouring his selling advertising by offering a guarantee then not honouring it so there must be a mechanism for you to act

11:42:49 UTC Shubhangi
Unfortunately we are unable to help you in this situation , as I mentioned earlier warranty is provided either by the seller or the manufacturer.

11:43:03 UTC Shubhangi
Buyers are secured under 'eBay Money Back Guarantee' as per the eBay guidelines.

11:43:38 UTC Shubhangi
Most of the sellers resolve the issue for their buyers and are very cooperative.

11:44:06 UTC Shubhangi
However, if this seller is not cooperating with you and being unresponsive, you may contact small claim court to know your consumer rights in this situation.

I have a XVIM CCTY 4 cam wireless system. I would like to add more cams to my system. It is a 4 channel system. Is that possible.? Also i want to add a PTZ IP camera. I bought one from Newegg. I get video the pan does not respond. I had to del one of my cameras to watch the video. I used ONVIF setting. Is it possible to add channels and more cameras to this system? Is there a support page or phone number for this product?

If you bought it on e bay and paid by paypal within the Paypal time limit sent it back and apply for a refund with a note inside saying why "No clear instructions or support " and ask them to respond with proper instructions then buy it again and keep doing it until XVIM get the message. I sent endless emails to their different addresses and via e bay and got friends to d the same but no replies.

I purchased the system on Amazon. The system works well. My question can I ad additional cameras to this 4 channel system ? The other question can I use a P&T cam on this system? I have watched you tube videos that show how to add cameras. What am I doing wrong?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom