xvid avi playback major problem

foxycce

Established Member
Reaction score
ok well dont know if you peepole are having the smae probs as me, i have loads of movies and tv series on my external hdd they all play fine on abox 360 number 1 down stais but xbox 360 number 2 the files that play fine down stairs will just not play upstairs or they will play for about a min or so then fail saying its an unsuported file format but then on othertimes work any suggestions?

ok well dont know if you peepole are having the smae probs as me, i have loads of movies and tv series on my external hdd they all play fine on abox 360 number 1 down stais but xbox 360 number 2 the files that play fine down stairs will just not play upstairs or they will play for about a min or so then fail saying its an unsuported file format but then on othertimes work any suggestions?

Are you using the same ex HD to play them on the second 360.

Mark.

Are both Xbox 1 and 2 connected to live?

Or is just number 1 connected?

Are both Xbox 1 and 2 connected to live?

Or is just number 1 connected?

both not connected to live but i have updated both consoles the reason being internet inmy area is crap not even 1 meg just cant suss out why they wont play propperly on both systems

and yes each system has there own drive

how do u play xvid or avi on the xbox 360??? do u need media extender or is there a program??

its not streaming it fast enough - I have had this on my xbox - some files will stream fine and others wont and fail after a short time. If I move the files to a local USB HDD the play fine - hence its a speed issue.

Are you using the same USB drive on both xboxes ? If not swop them over to see if the problem follows the Drive.
Or
I noticed that you mention external drive but not if its USB or networked. If its a network drive then maybe theres something slowing it down when it goes to the other xbox. are they both wired or wirless ?

I've been having the same problems playing music direct from my iPod (via USB) and MP4s direct from cd.

Some of both formats will play fine, all the way through. Others will either not bother trying - stating the "unsupported file" reason - or will play for about half the time then give up... that's the most annoying.

I've downloaded the relevant update twice just to be sure and my connection to Live is constant.

Any help would be appreciated... :lease:

its not streaming it fast enough - I have had this on my xbox - some files will stream fine and others wont and fail after a short time. If I move the files to a local USB HDD the play fine - hence its a speed issue.

Are you using the same USB drive on both xboxes ? If not swop them over to see if the problem follows the Drive.
Or
I noticed that you mention external drive but not if its USB or networked. If its a network drive then maybe theres something slowing it down when it goes to the other xbox. are they both wired or wirless ?

well they are connected via usb will switch drives in the morning and try switching the usb leads its damn annoying

I've been having the same problems playing music direct from my iPod (via USB) and MP4s direct from cd.

Some of both formats will play fine, all the way through. Others will either not bother trying - stating the "unsupported file" reason - or will play for about half the time then give up... that's the most annoying.

I've downloaded the relevant update twice just to be sure and my connection to Live is constant.

Any help would be appreciated... :lease:

me thinks that microsoft need to update the codecs would be nice if everything played maby the new dashboard will have better support

ok well tomorrow is sunday so i am going to swap both external drives over and test them with diffo usb leads just want to eliminate the problem, i am formatting with macdrive so its a hfs file format both are imoga 500gb usb drives down stairs is 100% ok upstairs is pants will also test both drives (segate barracudas) tonight with sea tools under dos to check that its not the drives and will post back

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom