XV-200E Keystone/setup Probs

rhino2k

Distinguished Member
hi guys, basically to get the picture to fit on my screen correctly i need the pj in the cupboard as in the pic below (excuse it being rubbish, just did it quick to give you a better idea).

untitled.jpg
[/IMG]

the problem i am having is that i cant quite get the picture right. i have tried for hours in different positions but it still ends up a bit wrong :( it says to start by lining up the nearest edge to the pj and go from there, but i cant get it right. i have tried other ways and compensating with side tilt but still no joy.

so, any advise welcome. i can see i may have to buy a short throw lense and have the pj in my room though :suicide:

TIA :thumbsup:

Oakleyspatz

A friend of mine had a similar problem. he had his pj low and off center to the screen and no matter how much he played around with the keystone, he could not get the image square to the screen.
I suggested checking if the screen itself was parallel to the wall and it wasn't. It was coming out slightly at the bottom and was twisted at the top. I pushed the bottom in slightly with my hand and the image immediately squared up on the screen.
Check that you have you screen perpendicular to the wall behind it and try pulling the bottom out and pushing it in whilst projecting an image onto it and see if it makes any difference.
Hope this helps!

Danny

rhino2k

Distinguished Member
Oakleyspatz said:
A friend of mine had a similar problem. he had his pj low and off center to the screen and no matter how much he played around with the keystone, he could not get the image square to the screen.
I suggested checking if the screen itself was parallel to the wall and it wasn't. It was coming out slightly at the bottom and was twisted at the top. I pushed the bottom in slightly with my hand and the image immediately squared up on the screen.
Check that you have you screen perpendicular to the wall behind it and try pulling the bottom out and pushing it in whilst projecting an image onto it and see if it makes any difference.
Hope this helps!

Danny

thanks mate, that makes sense and i could have the screen slightly p*ssed if it gets the pic right :D

rhino2k

Distinguished Member
thanks danny, have got the pic almost right now by just pulling the left bottom corner out 100mm :rolleyes: have a small gap top and bottom, but not bad.

i did try and move the whole left side of the screen round but that did'nt work as well as pulling the corner, and it is square to the wall.

using a bit of speaker wire to hold it at the mo, total bodge :rotfl:

do you know if you can get some kind of anchor kit?

if not i will have to make one i think :)

thanks again mate :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom