XTZ Subwoofers powerbuy

Member 281695

Established Member
Reaction score
Check out our high performance subwoofers 99W12 and 99W12 DSP! The 99W12 DSP subwoofer use digital signal processing technology, making it possible to correct the room “flaws” of almost any listening room. This way, you will save time and get better sound at the same time!

The subwoofer can be controlled either from the back panel, or you can connect it to a computer and make adjustments while sitting in your listening chair. You can download room information from the Room Analyzer, make adjustments and store up to 10 different presets. Let´s say you want a few special settings for music - jazz, rock or whatever and a setting for movies. The non DSP version 99W12S use the same amplifier (300 watts RMS) but has standard controls, crossover-, high pass-, and equalization filters.

The SUB AMP 1 DSP is a stand alone amp intended to drive a passive subwoofer (existing or for example 99.10.17), enabling the user to benefit from DSP technology. Further product information can be found here:

http://www.xtz.se/lista.php?katid=2&eng=true

Some magazine reviews can be found here:

http://www.xtz.se/pdf/99w12BildLjudAugusti2006_english.pdf

http://www.xtz.se/pdf/xtz_99w12dsp_hemmabio_english.pdf

w12dsp_stor1.jpg

The powerbuy offer is:

99W12 DSP £650 including freight to Mainland UK
SUB AMP 1 DSP £400 including freight to Mainland UK
99.10.17 passive sub £300 including freight to Mainland UK

If you are interested, please post a reply here and we will get in touch.

Last edited:
I've just bought a XTZ 99 W12(i'm living in sweden) and i have to say these subs are AMAZING bass for the money. And the build quality is of that of a sub costing 3 times as much, the black piano gloss is such top quality i use it as a mirror:D. I'm no expert when it comes to subs, but i can tell the W12 is a real winner.
I'd love to see a comparison with this sub to the popular monolith. I just never knew subs could be this beautiful and great sounding for such a low price. Great job XTZ!

Somebody say a comparison with a Monolith is needed?:D

Personally I'm not sure that a much larger subwoofer is a fair performance (in fact there's enough evidence to already end that speculation) target, but another one of the forums favourites certainly is. That would be the SVS SB12/plus.

Think about it; independent tests have shown it to have a very similar level of performance, with maybe slightly less extension but a fair bit less distortion, plus lower group delay. A similar footprint, with the same ballpark price means it would also occupy a similar sized space on your carpet and bank account too.

The real interest is that whilst the SVS has a single band PEQ that requires all manner of SPL meter and REW hoops to be jumped through to operate it, the XTZ comes with the single most complete built in EQ this side of a Velodyne DD, bar none.

A very interesting proposition indeed.

Russell

That would be the SVS SB12/plus.

Think about it; independent tests have shown it to have a very similar level of performance, with maybe slightly less extension but a fair bit less distortion, plus lower group delay. A similar footprint, with the same ballpark price means it would also occupy a similar sized space on your carpet and bank account too.

Now would it be £177.50 better - thats the rough price difference?? Why does choosing a sub have to be so difficult ;)

It's all speculation based purely on independent objective tests, but assuming on this basis that the similarity of native performance transfers into the listening room, then the PEQ of the XTZ could very well make more than £117 of difference.

The value of the PEQ is entirely related to the response your listening room achieves. If you have a very benign room like that of AngelEyes, then frankly almost any EQ is expensive. If however, you're saddled with a +12dB peak at 32Hz stretching from 25 to 42Hz, then the £375 I spent on an SMS-1 is very cheap even when considered in the context of a £430 subwoofer.

Okay, it can be done cheaper, but a Behringer Feedback Destroyer (£70 min), new cables to accommodate it (£30), an SPL meter (£25), possibly an offboard soundcard (£30) and you can see this has nearly amounted to nearly the same £177 before you discover the patience of a saint is required to actually work this effective, but Heath Robinson setup that is by no means intuitive.

Russell

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom