XTZ Spirit Series 5.1 Speaker Package Review & Comments

I've really enjoyed my trio of XTZ Spirit 6s as front LCR (paired with a BK XLS200 DF sub). Well worth a listen for anyone in the market for great value speakers.

Hmm I’ve e not heard these in the flesh but would the spirit 11s be in the same realm as the kef q550s. The kef have an extra driver but are 100 pounds or so more. Just wondering if this would be a contender for me as I’m looking into the q750s at the moment. Ideally the 950s but they might be a tag big for my amp

Cool, been waiting on a review. Keep saying but at some but I'm looking to use the spirit 2's as on ceiling Atmos speakers.

What puts you off the Atmosphere S2s for Atmos duties? I'd have thought their concentric design lends them better to point-source Atmos duties.

I've got a couple of pairs of S2s that I use with the Spirit 6s for Atmos and Surround duties and I really like them, too.

Great review! They look superb on wall!

Absolute bargain!

Anyone ordering these will be well looked after by Jag @ Epic Home Cinema
www.epichomecinema.co.uk

Top fella :)

Attachments

• IMG-20180401-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20180401-WA0003.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 829
  • IMG-20180401-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20180401-WA0002.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,615
What puts you off the Atmosphere S2s for Atmos duties? I'd have thought their concentric design lends them better to point-source Atmos duties.

I've got a couple of pairs of S2s that I use with the Spirit 6s for Atmos and Surround duties and I really like them, too.

Heya. Would you happen to have a photo of your S2s on your Spirit 6s please? You got your Spirit 6s wall mounted? Cheers.

Heya. Would you happen to have a photo of your S2s on your Spirit 6s please? You got your Spirit 6s wall mounted? Cheers.
My S2s aren't close to the Spirit 6s. The Spirit 6s are shelf mounted horizontally under a PJ screen. I have the S2s on a shelf above the screen firing at the ceiling.

The S2s are probably too big to go on the Spirit 6s.

Good review. One suggestion @Steve Withers - take photos of the products in situ so we can have a better idea of how they look in an actual room.

great thing about these speakers is the versatility on how they can be used, and the wife friendly factor and of course the sound. i should be getting some bookshelf speakers from this range to match my subwoofer, quite soon and will then buy the rest for surround duties...

One thing to notice which i have seen mentioned by Jag and also in this review is the XTZ Spirit 12 sub is being sold as 400w version. But if one looks it further this has only 200w rms amp, the 400w is the peak power! Nobody talks 17 serie subs as 800w or Cinema 1x12 as 900w subs. For some people it doesn`t matter, but for some it might! Also Spirit mentions different thicknesses vs. 17 serie subs, so i assume the cabinet might be little cheaper version aswell.

I don`t question that this sub wouldn´t be good enough for many people, but for the serious guys there is better choices not much more ££. Was suprised why they brought this model as even 10.17 has better specs of now and getting better..

10.17 and 12.17 models will soon have ICEpower 700w rms amps with 5year warranty, Spirit 12 - 2years. Intresting to see how much prices jump with much higher quality amplification.

Modest jumps in power are meaningless, but 200w vs. 700w as RMS might matter for the serious HT guys playing loud with added headroom.

@Steve Withers if possible take the new "updated" XTZ sub for a review, maybe the smaller this time! Better yet ask SVS and BK to send PB1000 & Monolith Plus and do a movie sub group test! ;) Something like this has been hoped for long time!

@Steve Withers if possible take the new "updated" XTZ sub for a review, maybe the smaller this time! Better yet ask SVS and BK to send PB1000 & Monolith Plus and do a movie sub group test! ;) Something like this has been hoped for long time!
I've just had the SVS PB4000 in for review, which is a bit of a monster in terms of size. However I am planning to look at some smaller subs from BK, REL and Velodyne, so that's a good suggestion.

I've just had the SVS PB4000 in for review, which is a bit of a monster in terms of size. However I am planning to look at some smaller subs from BK, REL and Velodyne, so that's a good suggestion.
NOOO I was hoping you would do the PC-4000 as have my eye on that one. Fancy an upgrade to my PC2000

Thanks Gaspy, having a good read now. Its interesting that the reviewer is running both a ported and sealed box as I always thought this was a bad thing to do. And by me I mean the thousand comments to this affect when I asked the same question as id love a PB for movies and a SB for music due to what I listen to. Food for thought.

I wonder how these plus a pair of S2 Atmospheres would compare to the Focal 5.1 Atmos set?

What would the views be of using 3 x Spirit 8's as LCR instead of 3 x M6 Cinema's in a small room (3.9m x 2.8m). The financial save is quite large ;)

Theses sound perfect for my set up but sadly I cant find any in stock anywhere.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom