Xtz spirit or q Acoustics 3000 setup?

Great! Keep us posted how they sound. Keep the treble adjustment so it won`t lower the level, there is 2settings. Naturally you need to give them some time playing them daily to get used to new sound. Hopefully you are happy with the purchase. :) I have mostly read positive stuff from those, but as always there is different tastes when it comes to speakers so no one can say for sure will X person like this or that. This Spirit range should sound very neutral and the big centre and sub should make noticeable difference with certain type of movies! With the 30day buy&try i feel this isn´t risk buy. Naturally you need to run your receiver setup again and we can check optimal subwoofer settings when you get it, hit me PM or bump up this thread..

Morning @gasp

The spirit 2's will be out of stock for several months they are telling me.
What would you recommend for a wall speaker instead of the 2's? I've bought the LR 4's center 8, sub 12.

Blessings!

Excuse the mess, in the middle of renovations and the carpet is being pulled up in the next hour!

Attachments

• 20211201_111058.jpg
    20211201_111058.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 20211201_111054.jpg
    20211201_111054.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 20211201_111044.jpg
    20211201_111044.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 20211201_111035.jpg
    20211201_111035.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 48
There is not anything as cheap available sadly the Kef T101 would come close and is ultra slim design but the Dalis are better. However i´m not sure you want to spend that much for effect channels.

Amazon product ASIN B07H2NFHBF
Dali Oberon On-Wall is quite slim too. Here is comparison from left to right (Spirit 2, Oberon, Spirit 6):

20181223_104701-jpg.1099942

Sadly the others I bought are all black as my wife don't like white speakers!

So out if the 3 options what would be best v ££ v sound?

I also still have some 3020i but they are not great on the wall?

I also still have some 3020i but they are not great on the wall?
They would look rather bulky on-wall near couch being so deep and large. Better to sell them at classifieds after you have heard the XTZs.

MA Silver FX is also on sale. Bipole / dipole design firing each direction creating more 180degree sounfield. Normally 500£/pair.

Bronze FX only slightly cheaper so not really worth it as long as the Silvers are available.

You just need to mount them just below the bulky thing coming out on your wall. The left hand about 1feet from the side wall/corner so not too close to that side wall. The other side doesn´t have that issue.

img_0923-jpg.913441

img_2646-jpg.852552

They look good, hoping to have slim wall mounted ones though. Do you think the elac will be OK?

They look good, hoping to have slim wall mounted ones though. Do you think the elac will be OK?

Maybe if you accept the "cheap fugly" look.

Silver FX - 147mm depth
Bronze FX - 124mm depth
Spirit 2 - 120mm depth
Dali Oberon On-Wall - 120mm depth
Kef T101 - 35mm depth
Elac Debut OW4.2 - 100mm depth

@gasp
The LCR and sub have arrived!

Would it be a poor decision to put the LR on their sides? As in the picture?

Attachments

• 20211203_183930.jpg
    20211203_183930.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 73
@gasp
The LCR and sub have arrived!

Would it be a poor decision to put the LR on their sides? As in the picture?

I wouldn´t do that. Could you consider some good looking speaker stands later? I mean you could get the front mains pushed more apart each other which would make difference.

Got some little wall brackets I can use.
I do like the look of them like that but I know it won't produce the best sound like that!

Got some little wall brackets I can use.
I do like the look of them like that but I know it won't produce the best sound like that!

They rear ported, not the best on wall either but you do what is possible. They have been designed to kept vertically upright really. How do they sound (up)? Push all front three to front edge of your av unit if possible, further away from the wall.

They rear ported, not the best on wall either but you do what is possible. They have been designed to kept vertically upright really. How do they sound (up)? Push all front three to front edge of your av unit if possible, further away from the wall.
@gasp

I have now purchased Bronze FX (new for £205)
Should the be set on dipole or bipole?

Picture as attached. I may need to lower the fx a little. Not sure how I should set the base up either, phase, crossover ect

All running on a Denon x2700.

I have speaker stands coming Tuesday for the fronts.

Attachments

• 20211212_202252.jpg
    20211212_202252.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 56
@gasp

I have now purchased Bronze FX (new for £205)
Should the be set on dipole or bipole?

Picture as attached. I may need to lower the fx a little. Not sure how I should set the base up either, phase, crossover ect

All running on a Denon x2700.

I have speaker stands coming Tuesday for the fronts.

Usually bipole mode in that location. Don`t lower them if possible. As they are close to listeners it would be better them to be slightly higher and they do look good now.

Subwoofer settings: sub in front of you leave the left port open and block the right port with bung. I can´t see where you have the Spirit 12 placed as it can make big difference.

Connect sub cable to LFE In.
Set Volume to roughly 12 clock (50%)
Crossover to max hz, but this shouldn`t be in use when connecting LFE
Phase to 0
Equalizer to REF
Power mode to "Always On", after you have run Audussey you can turn it to Auto

What i want you to check after Audussey is the subwoofer level from Denon menu. It shouldn´t be -12db as that is out of range, lower figure is ok and do not touch the knobs anymore rather tweak the sub level lower if you want more grunt. Example if you get it back -6db then lower it to -3db example. Most people lower this figure by 3-6db tweaking the bass to their taste.

Make sure speakers are set Small, speaker crossovers 80hz would be fine starting point. LPF for LFE 120hz. Audussey Dynamic EQ on/off see which you prefer, Audussey Dynamic Volume Off day time.

Make also sure Dynamic Compression & Loudness Management is turned Off both. You can only change these settings when you play some movie. They can be found here:

XTZ-Spirit-SUB-12-Elektronik.jpg

Usually bipole mode in that location. Don`t lower them if possible. As they are close to listeners it would be better them to be slightly higher and they do look good now.

Subwoofer settings: sub in front of you leave the left port open and block the right port with bung. I can´t see where you have the Spirit 12 placed as it can make big difference.

Connect sub cable to LFE In.
Set Volume to roughly 12 clock (50%)
Crossover to max hz, but this shouldn`t be in use when connecting LFE
Phase to 0
Equalizer to REF
Power mode to "Always On", after you have run Audussey you can turn it to Auto

What i want you to check after Audussey is the subwoofer level from Denon menu. It shouldn´t be -12db as that is out of range, lower figure is ok and do not touch the knobs anymore rather tweak the sub level lower if you want more grunt. Example if you get it back -6db then lower it to -3db example. Most people lower this figure by 3-6db tweaking the bass to their taste.

Make sure speakers are set Small, speaker crossovers 80hz would be fine starting point. LPF for LFE 120hz. Audussey Dynamic EQ on/off see which you prefer, Audussey Dynamic Volume Off day time.

Make also sure Dynamic Compression & Loudness Management is turned Off both. You can only change these settings when you play some movie. They can be found here:

XTZ-Spirit-SUB-12-Elektronik.jpg

Thank you!
Please see pics of where the sub is located. That's probably the only place it can go.

Attachments

• 20211213_113223.jpg
    20211213_113223.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 20211213_113229.jpg
    20211213_113229.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 48
@Gasp3621does the Sub look?
Also the front speakers OK?

Attachments

• 20211214_214759.jpg
    20211214_214759.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 47
@Gasp3621does the Sub look?
Also the front speakers OK?

It should be ok by the couch and as you said only place to fit it so not much options then. Set it up the way i wrote. Should give you nice impact, but it may localize bit easier. After you have run Audussey check that speaker crossovers are 80hz that should help.

Main speakers are too narrow to my taste so i would push them more apart each side (same amount to centre) if possible. So example if you sit 3m away then 2,5m apart for main L/R at least. Also depending which height your ears are when seated i would angle the center channel shooting more upwards. You can easilly do this by buying two rubber door stoppers in the front (each side) which have steep angle. Small things, but sometimes they do make difference.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom