• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

XTZ Spirit 11 Floorstanding Speaker Review & Comments

nicfaz

I do wonder how a modern mid range speaker like this would compare with my 20 year old Monitor Audio Studio 20SE's, especially for home theatre stuff.

For my 2p, older speakers tend to be less even, so you should find the XTZ's suit a better range of music. I have some 99.25 XTZ speakers and they are very good, though I have no experience of the reviewed ones.

jfinnie

Distinguished Member
I'm really enjoying my 3x Spirit 6s (with BK XLS200 sub). The only thing I don't like about them at the moment is the little black magnetic logo on the grille. I note Ed didn't actually fit them to his units in the photo (I've also left mine off, though you can just see where they go). Think they spoil the look of the white fronts; I might spray paint mine white.

The white finish is lovely, being satin instead of gloss. Will be interesting to see how the grilles hold up over time.

There is a good thread discussing the whole Spirit series here for anyone interested:
XTZ Spirit Series

Cribbster

The XTZ speakers I have listened to really are very good - almost certainly better than the Q Acoustics (but then I am not a fan of QA speaker :) ). The main reason I didn't get a pair of the 99s a couple of years ago was the size of them - they would not have been very well tolerated by Mrs Cribbster. At the time, for the money, I thought they were spectacularly good value

rob_brum

Anyone tired theses with the spirit 8 as a centre?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom