XTZ Cinema Series

Thx for the input. I have heard a lot about the X3600, I'll check the 4500. If i have a power amp, is there some préamp difference between the 2 ?

No the 3600 and 4500 have exact same pre outs niether cuts the amps from circuit , its only when you move to pre po it changes , the other forum suggests that the 3600 is possibly the best system available for that purpose and money

Thx for the input. I have heard a lot about the X3600, I'll check the 4500. If i have a power amp, is there some préamp difference between the 2 ?
If you intend to use one of these AVR’s as a preamp only, go with the one you can get cheaper. The only difference that I’m aware of is that the X4500 adds Auro-3D, but other than that they should be identical units for processing duty.

If you intend to use these AVR’s as a preamp only, go with the one you can get cheaper. The only difference that I’m aware of is that the X4500 adds Auro-3D, but other than that they should be identical units for processing duty.
The 4500 has a better chipset for processing over the 3600. AL32

The 4500 has a better chipset for processing over the 3600. AL32
in what way it benefit the OP if he intends going PA with power hugging speakers ?

in what way it benefit the OP if he intends going PA with power hugging speakers ?
The processing... i.e. The steering of surround effects, the quality of sound. Even if used with the power amp.

Fair enough. Does anyone know if the AL32 actually makes a difference? The DSP descriptions read exactly the same.
Yes it does.

Yes it does.
i beg to differ having moved from 6300 to the Marantz i had auro 3d upgrade on both the chipset dosent make a huge difference nor does the step up I suggest the OP goes for the lesser model given it will do exact same job for him given he will eventually step up to pre ? am i missing something here ?

i beg to differ having moved from 6300 to the Marantz i had auro 3d upgrade on both the chipset dosent make a huge difference nor does the step up I suggest the OP goes for the lesser model given it will do exact same job for him given he will eventually step up to pre ? am i missing something here ?
No, the op can decide which ever option he wants to take. I only mentioned the difference in options. IMO having had the 3500 and the 4500, the latter has better sonic abilities.

No, the op can decide which ever option he wants to take. I only mentioned the difference in options. IMO having had the 3500 and the 4500, the latter has better sonic abilities.
Good to know. Are you talking preamp only, or were you using the internal amps?

think the question was would the pre out be any different the answer is no the chipset is based on internal amps afaik
its all horses for courses think the question was would the pre out be any different the answer is no the chipset is based on internal amps afaik , and moving from a low to mid denon wont deliver what hes after , id say unless you have a top end emotiva or such then stay clear of M8 my M6 seem to struggle with the 1572 dont get me wrong they sound fantastic and mabey not using all on tap but denon wont push them

yhink the 6300 was rated at 205w 2 ch driven :lease:

would i be a liar if i said i just wanted to be involved o_O all i know is Jean said its the best option if you plan pre po route

I think Gene was talking up the X3600 as being a very good ’entry level’ and budget friendly option to get into separates.
yes thats what he said so where is the place for the 4500 if OP wants M8 speakers ? whats the power requirement on them ?

yes thats what he said so where is the place for the 4500 if OP wants M8 speakers ? whats the power requirement on them ?
Well, power is separate issue altogether. All I know is that my M6 did benefit from a beefier amp than the X4500 internal amp, so I’m assuming that the M8 would benefit even more so. Personally, I would not purchase M8’s with the plan of using an AVR to power them.

It holds its place as from my understanding has better processing ability due to AL32 which is a processor feature and not about extra power or better internal amps.

Well, power is separate issue altogether. All I know is that my M6 did benefit from a beefier amp than the X4500 internal amp, so I’m assuming that the M8 would benefit even more so. Personally, I would not purchase M8’s with the plan of using an AVR to power them.
I concur although id love to try a pair of towers it would be a nightmare to try accom the centre as id need a whole new rack which means new wiring etc etc etc they would need to be a bit below 2k to consider it in my situ , im still not happy with the space my M6 centre takes up but that was an after thought but i just managed to squeeze it in and still open my spinner trays lol

It holds its place as from my understanding has better processing ability due to AL32 which is a processor feature and not about extra power or better internal amps.
kind of pointless though given his path dont you think ? who knows maybe the OP will be happy with it for a spell , i just think hes better with the cheaper option given interest in pre out , think it cost me circa £400 to move from 6300 to 8802a plus PA s of course at separate cost , personally i think Denon are struggling to find their place in this market ive owned 3 of their amps and once a fan i wouldnt buy another . yes Marantz are the same or similar but not quite the same beastie the new 8500 is a poor clone of the 8805 imho built in a different place with lesser quality parts and since the introduction of heos filled with internet bugs

He better decide quick anyway as the 3600 are in short supply and the 3600 & 4500 will both be gone soon and the 3700 & 4700 at much higher prices are out now and have replaced them.

yhink the 6300 was rated at 205w 2 ch driven :lease:

Yes, but for 4ohm load. 193w - 225w for 2channels 4ohm depending of test method (20hz -20kHz or 1kHz power swep). Dynamic Power test 2ch (musical program) shows 200w for 8ohm so there is good amount of juice in reserve.

German bench test for X6300H which applies to newer versions aswell. Notice real world movie use is bit different as they don`t tax all channels all the time, plus you have subwoofer(s) taking big load off from receiver at the power hungry range.

2ch 4ohm 225w
2ch 6ohm 163w (rated for 140w 8ohm 2ch driven)

5ch 4ohm 133w
5ch 6ohm 123w

7ch 4ohm 100w
7ch 6ohm 93w

Thx you all for your answer, Right know the 4500 and the 3600 are at the exactly same price and one it most recent and the other have AL32. My XTZ contact is into Yamaha AV. So, If i try to be reasonable and pragmatic, for 2K, I prefer to put more money in power amp, which stay for long time in my set up than in processor/integreted amp. I'll run 5.1 for now and probably long time and listen lot of music on vinyl and qobuz hires.

And after a long long time of reading forum, test and other, I conclued one thing : There is some difference between stuff but most of them are not noticeable if you can't compare. I just want to enjoy music and movie and to much reading is causing headeache :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom