Question XTZ CINEMA SERIES vs B&W 6 Series?

Reaction score
Hello Guys, my current setup is B&W 683's front L and R , CMC2 Centre Channel and the 685 bookshelves for rears.

Onkyo 5509 pre pro, Emotiva XPA 5 amplification.

I am 100% movies guy, I have seen the XTZ Cinema series and was wondering If I changed to this setup and use my 2 x BK Mono DF+ Subwoofers what benefit will I get. Is the sound much superior to the B&W . Anywhere we I can go and demo the XTZ series?

I know the XTZ are Sat speakers but they are quite big .. Would really like to know some opinions.

Many Thanks.

The Cinema Series are relatively small compared to the B&W 683, but I would expect them to be much higher quality and with two Monolith Subs, I would expect the result to be pretty impressive.

XTZ Cinema Series Review | AVForums

XTZ Cinema Series | Page 57 | AVForums

The XTX Cinema M6 are in distinct Left and Right models -

Epic Home Cinema - XTZ Cinema M6 Speakers

The XTZ Cinema M6 also serves as a Center Speaker.

ACinema06_B.jpg

Only you can determine if these speaker are adequate to your needs, but the response by those who have them and those who have heard them has been very impressive.

On poster has the substantially more expensive Ken Kreisel Quattro, and he was very impressed with the Cinema M6 speakers -

XTZ Cinema Series speaker system - impressions by a Ken Kreisel Quattro owner | AVForums

Steve/bluewizard

Last edited:
I would suspect there would be an improvement given your 100% movies statement. I have no experience of the XTZs but I did used to own 683S1s and they were good for the money, especially with music but should be beaten by a £1200 pair of satellites.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom