XTZ 99.25's & DSP-Z7

Dazzor

Most likely a silly question, apologies I'm on a learning curve here

I'm planning to match a pair of 99.25's with a Z7, as I only plan on a 2.1 set-up to start with will I be able set the Z7 up to power the 99.25's with more than one channel per speaker?

My end-goal is a 5.1 set-up and the Z7 will cater for 7.2 I think so I'm hoping this means i've got some grunt in reserve.

Cheers

HiFiRuss71

Distinguished Member
A Z7 will have no trouble in powering the 99.25s and they certainly won't complain about having four channels of very capable amplification dedicated to powering them. As to whether bi-amping from a receiver will make a massive difference; Well, it certainly isn't going to make things worse, so why not?

As to whether the pairing is a match made in heaven? Well, only your ears can decide, but with the room/response tuning features the 99.25s have, then there's a good chance you'll find a balance you like. That's no guarantee, but combined with the fact you want to run a sub as part of the setup, then you will have a very flexible setup to tune to your tastes.

Just don't expect instant results. With the possibilities on offer, it will take some experimentation.

Russell

Dazzor

Thanks Russ, really appreciate your pearls of wisdom.:thumbsup:

I'm more than happy to tweak away, all part of the fun. I'm learning loads from this forum, just hope I can make the leap from theory to practical when all the kit turns up. :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom