XTZ 12.17 Subwoofer thread

We'll both get our subs but for me it will come too late.:(

@Stu MSD Did you expect to get your sub before Xmas? I'll be amazed if you do.

As the edge sub has a higher peak wattage I'm guessing it has a better more dynamic sound. I'll be happy with the non edge version, I just needed the sub for xmas. Xzt could have said at the start that it would take this long and I would of gone back to the seller for his spare board. As they asked for the invoice I would of thought they would have communicated with the seller to resolve the issue anyway. Xzt have let me down as the issue could of easily been resolved quicker. Instead they waiting till I complain and say I should of gone back to the seller. I'd of flipping done that if they had said you won't get anything from us til after Xmas.

Hopefully theyll improve on they way they'll deal with things like this.

Yeah, sounds like a poor set of events mate. Sorry to read it, I can imagine how dissapointed you are, I also have been on the upgrade path in order to enjoy a very rare 3 days off this year... but I’ve got most of mine installed and will enjoy it. (Started the whole Star Wars saga from scratch now! :) )

No - HiFi Pilot told me to expect it on 31st all being well. So far they have done me no wrong at all, so hopefully I will be updating with happy news and singing their praises on the 31st.

I finally unpacked and setup my two Edge 12.17 subs yesterday. It was a bit of a relief as had my shipped to the Philippines. So far very happy with them. I will post a picture when the setup is presentable.

I don't have enough comparative sub woofer experience or knowledge to provide reliable feedback. In my two short days of exposure I am really happy. I have KEF R11's and they are good, but xtz's really add a bit more [I experimented with and without]. For example the movie "edge of tomorrow" the opening scene is great and the subs are felt and no localisation occurs. For music the subs participate but really hard to tell if they there and needed to to go to something extreme to make them stand out, eg "Techmaster P.E.B. - It Came From Outer Bass II".

Mine are matte white and match my gloss white speakers well.

Lastly I ordered directly and the CEO [Olle] was very prompt in replying to emails, so felt comfortable buying them.

I'm still waiting for mine :(. I had a lynx gift set to open Xmas day :facepalm:

It looks like my new amp plate will be here tomorrow now so I'll finally hear how how the 10.17 sounds.

Today xtz emailed to give me an update and that my amp plate will be coming tomorrow which I did see on the ups tracking app this morning. They also have offered me the edge panel again if I'm not happy with the standard one. This time it's slightly cheaper meaning the total cost of upgrading to the Edge sub is about £3 cheaper than if I was to have bought a 10.17 Edge sub in the first place. £50 cheaper would of been nicer but hey I had lynx Africa to enjoy over Xmas lol. I still may go for the Edge amp at some point just so I can do an unbiased review of it. For the time being I'll wait and listen to the standard one and see if it works in my room.

Glad you guys have some feedback at least. I look forward to reading your delayed, but very happy review tomorrow. :)

For me.. I’ve not heard a thing since I sent them £600 via bank transfer on the 20th.

No emails confirming they got the payment. Nothing.

I’ve left it alone as it’s Xmas, but have emailed the U.K. and the XTZ factory this morning and as yet, have got no replies from either. :(

Arghhh!!!!! So freakin angry right now,! UPS were meant to deliver my amp today according to their app and they haven't! I just gave them a call and it's now going to be Monday! UPS suck!

Sorry to read this mate.

XTZ really should invest a bit more in communicating with their customers, and potential customers, it'd be nice to get replies faster.

In any case, I didn't mind waiting a few days. I bought two 12.17 EDGE two weeks ago, shipped yesterday, they should arrive on the 8th.

You heard from them yesterday?
Will try and contact them again today then.

XTZ really should invest a bit more in communicating with their customers, and potential customers, it'd be nice to get replies faster.

In any case, I didn't mind waiting a few days. I bought two 12.17 EDGE two weeks ago, shipped yesterday, they should arrive on the 8th.

Agreed. It takes a minimum of 4 days to receive a reply from XTZ, and though Ian at Hifi Pilot is quicker, the information can be lacking. I ordered a Spirit 5.0 and the 12.17 EDGE and only after I'd paid and the Spirits been posted, was I told the sub wouldn't arrive with the speakers. I've yet to find out when my sub will be arriving.

^ No suprise as Edge models are not in stock at Sweden/Germany either. First batch was sold month ago? It was quite similar situation earlier when Jag came to write how popular XTZ subs has been in Europe as the normal ones were sold out at one point. Seems they are shipping some Edge models next week, so hopefully the wait is over soon!

XTZ have a new batch of amps in stock.

I was told by XTZ on the 20th that if I ordered my 10.17 edge that very day I would hopefully recieve it on 28th.

I then found out I couldn’t order from XTZ direct and had to get it from hifo pilot in U.K. so spoke to them and was told hopefully 28th / 31st.

So I ordered and paid that day via bank transfer for speed.

Not had any shipping data from them yet.

They'll be shipped via ups which have a back log at the minute. My amp should come monday as it's sitting in Tamworth at the minute. I was fortunate to get tracking numbers. I spoke to Ian at Hifi piolot and he was honest with me right away and said I wouldn't get a sub till the 31st if I was to buy another so I'm just waiting.

Is the Edge amp really worth the £200 extra? Has anyone compared the two versions?

So my ups parcel was late because the label fell off! I couldn't even write this stuff!

15462526375811177315333269526315.jpg

Hello,

Are you sure ? Where did you see this information?

I`m sure. I have seen XTZ rep confirm it aswell on other forum. :) Some of the manuals or site info might have wrong information of the older amp (2years). Here is also mentioned warranty;

Google Translate

I`m sure. I have seen XTZ rep confirm it aswell on other forum. :) Some of the manuals or site info might have wrong information of the older amp (2years). Here is also mentioned warranty;
Great ! thank you so much. I am French, I will inquire here (Videopole France)

Last edited:
So my ups parcel was late because the label fell off! I couldn't even write this stuff!

View attachment 1102420

How has this purchase turned out mate? I am trying to get hold of them for ages now and am considering cancelling and buying BK.

How has this purchase turned out mate? I am trying to get hold of them for ages now and am considering cancelling and buying BK.

Try messaging through facebook as well as email. You should have a tracking number I would of thought but I suppose that only comes when it's been dispatched. They did keep in contact with me via Facebook after my first couple of emails with Ollie I think it was.

IMG_20190103_171629.jpg

Now I'm back at work I've missed my Xmas holiday to try it thoroughly! Currently it's at the back of the room. I used the Yamaha amp to recalibrate the sub. That was set to reference switch selected and the. Right port bunged up. It's louder than the Rel was in that position but I'm unsure if I'm getting the best from it there so will try the front corner position next. Starwars pod race sounded better anyway with it there. Does anyone have any recommendations on test scenes?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom