XTZ 10.17 vs SVS SB1000

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by mb76, Mar 28, 2016.

1. mb76

mb76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    So, I'm interested in views on which of these two models might be the best for me to get, accepting that I probably can't go wrong with either.

Usage will be 100% movies. Room size is approx 4.2m x 3.6m. Placement will be to the front left of the main seating position, but in a small tunnel created by the side of the sofa and a built in cupboard (no flexibility on this). Floor is suspended wooden - the sub will be on isolation feet on a granite block.

I have a slight leaning towards the SVS at the moment, based on the fact it is slightly more compact, is probably powerful enough for the room size, and might be more forgiving of the less than ideal positioning since it's sealed? No experience of ported subs though and when I spotted the XTZ for about the same cash it got me thinking.

Any experiences or views greatly appreciated.

2. Chinstroke

Chinstroke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
    Out of the 2 the xtz will give you more output. I know I was looking at the 10.17 myself in the past. I think it's a good choice for the money.