Xtro on Sci-fi Tonight.

kevb

Established Member
Reaction score
A crazy Sci-fi/Horror Film from 1983 is being shown on the Sci-Fi channel tonight at 12.05. It's a nutty film and no mistake it's not that great but has some very mad moments.

A boy watches his father abducted by a fake-looking space ship. His father returns three years later—but in the form of a space monster. When the monster first shows up it's shaped like a man, but walks on all fours—frontside up. The monster rapes a woman who, in a graphic and particularly memorable scene, then gives birth to the full-grown father!

I think I have seen this one but wasn’t there a terrible one with loads of slip-ups I think Xtro 3 where on a deserted island the government had experimented on an female alien killing it and years later a team unleashed the females mate exacting revenge.

I only ever saw the first one and that was years ago. I think there was at least one follow up.

Didn't Xtro 2 have Jan Michael Vincent in it? IIRC it's a kind of Aliens rip off.
The original's memorable mostly for the fact that it's a Brit movie with that birthing sequence kevb mentions. I taped it earlier in the year when it was on and my VCR loved it so much it refused to give me the tape back, leaving me no option but to buy a new machine:rolleyes:

Xtro's another of those cheesy 80's film's where the memories are better than the film. Shame all the sequels were attrocious, but at least the original has Miryam (spelling?) D'Abo getting biffed by some young stud and speaking in a sexy French accent. Yum:p

John was right about Jan Michael Vincent being in the second one called Xtro II: The Second Encounter (1990) and the third was Xtro 3: Watch the Skies (1995).

If I remember correctly Tick and Tock the 80's British Kings of Body Popin played all the monsters in Xtro "Breakdance".:D

There was another mad scene with a gaint action man in it who even had the scar on his cheek.

Great news, i've been trying to trace this film on VHS for a while now, scared me when i was younger, wonder how it will hold now i've sorta grown up.

It's not quite the 2 pairs of underpants film it was when we were kids. It's good for a laugh though.

Those were the days, Xtro came out followed by C.H.U.D. the year after. Halycon days indeed :)

Be interesting to see the running time of Sci-Fi's version. I think the film has around 2 to 3 minutes of cuts in most usually screened versions. As ever with these types of movies, it's to the detriment of the film overall.

Masochists can indulge themselves with a DVD of Xtro 2: Watch the Skies from www.dddhouse.com at the foot of the "western" page. Nice. Set you back all of approx a fiver (about a fiver too much).

I see Rawhead Rex has been released in the UK on a budget disc, obtainable from Play for £4.33. Quality.

Rawhead Rex I'm sure i've seen that or at least read the short story, wasn't it in one of clive barkers books of blood?

Wow, a thread mentioning both C.H.U.D. and RawHeadRex! (must be my lucky day)

I'll definitely pick up RHR as it's one of my favs. My old 2nd hand videocassette version has definitely seen better days.

Yeah, it was definitely based on one of Clive Barker's stories, but I'm not sure which one.

Originally posted by Azrikam

Yeah, it was definitely based on one of Clive Barker's stories, but I'm not sure which one.

Funnily enough, Rawhead Rex:p

Clive B hates the movie as they kept ripping out pages from his script and throwing them away as they were shooting. I'm not surprised he got peeved when he saw the suit the guy playing Rawhead was gonna wear:eek: aswell.
Definitely some nice touches in the film though.
The graphic novel they did was great, and I'm pleased as punch the golden shower made it into every incarnation of the story. It's a particularly sweet touch.

Isn't Jerry Ryan, aka 7 of 9 from Star Trek Voyager in one of the Xtro films ? I'm keen to see her in something other than Star Trek in case she reveals any more flesh than she normally does in the crappy star trek uniform.

There's another sci-fi film on tonight, Wing Commander on BBC. Anyone seen it ? Worth a watch ??

Originally posted by dfield2000
Isn't Jerry Ryan, aka 7 of 9 from Star Trek Voyager in one of the Xtro films ? I'm keen to see her in something other than Star Trek in case she reveals any more flesh than she normally does in the crappy star trek uniform.

There's another sci-fi film on tonight, Wing Commander on BBC. Anyone seen it ? Worth a watch ??
Jeri Ryan was not in the Xtro films(I think) but was in Dark Skies.
It is not a great film just something to while away your time or life. I played some of the games and there plots were better. In fact I was disappointed with the film.

I loved this film!!!
Hm, then again I thought that The Karate Kid was extremely cool [with fantastic fight scenes!] from my childhood memories, but seeing it on TV again...?

/shudder

Maybe you can never go back...

Boink! :cool:

Very poor, Vic. Very poor.

25 mins in it's not aged well has it.:D I think this might have been best left as a memory.:blush:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom