1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xtro, anyone remember it?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Harj, Jan 21, 2002.

1. Harj

Harj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Xtro, anyone remember it? I saw it some time in the 80's (while still a young teen) and it freaked me quite a bit, brit sc-fi horror about a stranded alien. Video is impossible to find, so no chance of dvd. I think this film was quite different at the time, shocking as well, and does not deserve to be forgotten.

Then again, it was a few years ago, and i would like to know if anyone has seen it lately, if so, is it still as disturbing?

2. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,114
    Can't say it ever freaked me, not like Alien and The Thing did but it was an enjoyable flik.

Try this for starters.

Si

3. European

European

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Harj

Harj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    I think a graphic scene showing a woman giving birth to an alien is a bit freakish! Just been looking at the sites (thanks Zone and European), now i need to watch the film! Have u guys seen it recently?

5. graham_ew

graham_ew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI, I remember it in fact I had a orignal rental copy (on betamax) up until just before Christmas when a load of stuff went the tip (Im sorry) I had it for years with other stuff like "the bogeyman" and "revenge of the bogeyman" had about 10 beta tapes in all, I hired them from a mobile video van back in the 80's one week and the next week he never came back so after about 14yrs i felt it was safe to chuck them. It was quite scarey ( I was only about 14)

6. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    If anyone's interested there's a DVD in Hong Kong for Xtro 2 available in the Western section of the shop linked here I use them regularly and they're seriously cheap. The disc should work out to around £6 inc shipping I think.

I wouldn't spend good money on anything starring Jan Michael Vincent though.

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :devil: yes i remember this film,infact i have my very dusty old vhs copy in my book shelf still. i would never get rid as this is still a top horror today. hope this gets a long overdue disc release as it is spot on.

8. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :devil: yes i remember this film,infact i have my very dusty old vhs copy in my book shelf still. i would never get rid as this is still a top horror today. hope this gets a long overdue disc release as it is spot on.

9. Harj

Harj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Lucky man u are Herbert to have a copy, i traced one to a film finder service in Luton (sorry i forgot their name), they had one copy, sold the day before! I asked them to find me one, that was 4 months ago, would love to see it again (i think!).

10. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0