Xtreamer Products & firmware for 2012

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by welshy, Jan 9, 2012.

1. welshy

welshy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
  2. NeilF

NeilF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    I must admit to being tempted by their new Ultra with built in XMBC!

3. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,053
    You'd probably be better off with a Pulse Box, from what I heard the xtreamer Ultra was not well supported. Pulse Eight is actually run by XBMC team members, they put the work into a dedicated remote, HDMI-CEC support and custom image for XBMC. Or wait for the Rasberry Pi stuff to mature if after a very basic AppleTV like client.

4. Great Fandango

Great Fandango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Sorry to hijack this a little but what's this Pulse Eight PulseBox business all about? I'm afraid the website doesnt really explain itself or its products so well. Are they Windows/Linux/Ubuntu based platforms?

You'd have thought a whole number of companies would have realised by now that there are tens of thousands of consumers out there simply gagging for a small form factor 1080p machine with slick user interface and the ability to run Internet driven 'apps' for on demand services.

Like a lot of potential buyers of this forum at the moment I'm just not seeing a clear winner that floats my boat.

I hate to say it but I get the feeling windows based software/applications running on small Acer Revo style solutions are going to win the day.