Xtreamer Prodigy 4K

Looks interesting. First thing that jumped into my head was proper 24fps support with auto switching that seems to be lacking in a lot of media players.

I think I will buy one and report back in February with my verdict, at £130 pre-order price (+ inevitable customs) it is fairly well priced for what it shows.

I placed a preorder a few weeks ago. I agree with you Jon, well priced indeed. I was leaning towards going with an Intel NUC, but as it was only going to run Kodi in the living room anyway and cost more I will give Xtreamer a try. Alot more muscles in this product compared to my ageing BoxeeBox.

Hey guys

Just preordered one as well. Will post my impressions once I receive it in February.
I've been checking all available options for weeks now and it's the first box that really catches my eyes. Aside from HDMI 1.4 (which doesn't really bother me to be honest) I can't find any other limitations...

Hey guys

Just preordered one as well. Will post my impressions once I receive it in February.
I've been checking all available options for weeks now and it's the first box that really catches my eyes. Aside from HDMI 1.4 (which doesn't really bother me to be honest) I can't find any other limitations...

Might sound like a daft question but if I've only got hdmi 1.3 will the box still work? I had set a budget of £100 and was asking for suggestions in another thread before this one caught my eye. Slightly over £100 but looks worth it

I've preorder one and it priced in at £117. I like the hdmi in recording feature plus upto 4tb hdd. I've got a spare hdd so that will go in it.

Might sound like a daft question but if I've only got hdmi 1.3 will the box still work? I had set a budget of £100 and was asking for suggestions in another thread before this one caught my eye. Slightly over £100 but looks worth it
All hdmi devices are backwards compatible so does not matter.

Just been reading up on this player for the past hour. Man...I've fallen in love with it. It's amazing. So amazing I just now pre-ordered one :) Coming from Hong Kong said anywhere from 13 to 30 days? Damn that's slow... Hope it's worth the wait :)

Looks great, I currently own a Popcorn Hour C300 but if I'm not mistaken this looks like a bargain upgrade

Looks great, I currently own a Popcorn Hour C300 but if I'm not mistaken this looks like a bargain upgrade

I have a popcorn Hour a-400, so I might put the PCH in the living room and keep this for my media room. I heard you can use only up to 4tb, for recording and storage. I stream most of my media, but would be nice to have HDD to play files too the internet ever goes down. Like the new h265 also....

I'm all excited now:D

I'd be wary as it's another Android player, every one I've encountered has been a bit buggy and a bit over promising and under delivering.

ie

It's a 4K player but doesn't actualy play your own 4k content, only over the 'net.
4k is only at 30fps
Android UI on a TV and airmouse, not as good as you'd hope.

I'm not saying that is the case here, but it is with a lot of other 4K android XBMC boxes, personally I'd let someone else be first and get some real feedback.

XBMC/Kodi os a fantastic piece of software, but I find it much better on a Windows/Linux platform. It's more developed and supported.

So does this do DTS MA and Dolby TrueHD passthrough? Looks interesting but as Sloppy Bob says these Android boxes have tended to promise much and fail to live up to the hype , could potentially replace my Mede8er MED600 and Amazon Fire TV though if it does what it says on the tin...

Cancelled mine in the end. Full refund issued today. I purchased a Mele PCG03 instead which arrived at weekend and I've almost finished setting up.

Cancelled mine in the end. Full refund issued today. I purchased a Mele PCG03 instead which arrived at weekend and I've almost finished setting up.

How much was it mate. I have a full PC already. Look below in sig. I'm very much looking forward to the Xtreamer Prodigy 4K. Good luck with your mini PC mate. Tell us how you like it?

£129 Delivered from UK.

I will do a write up and take some screenshots and maybe a little video of it in action, reason I cancelled the Xtreamer was due to Android. Decided I'm better off in Windows.

I currently have an AFTV US which I rooted and put XBMC on, this does most of what I want but does feel sluggish in some areas, so was looking for something a bit more powerful.

Last thing to setup is my Harmony Ultimate with the Mele, doing this via Flirc USB which arrived today. Netflix and Amazon Instant have been integrated into Kodi so that's nice and smooth.

Anyway I'll do a proper write up in a new thread at some point.

£129 Delivered from UK.

I will do a write up and take some screenshots and maybe a little video of it in action, reason I cancelled the Xtreamer was due to Android. Decided I'm better off in Windows.

I currently have an AFTV US which I rooted and put XBMC on, this does most of what I want but does feel sluggish in some areas, so was looking for something a bit more powerful.

Last thing to setup is my Harmony Ultimate with the Mele, doing this via Flirc USB which arrived today. Netflix and Amazon Instant have been integrated into Kodi so that's nice and smooth.

Anyway I'll do a proper write up in a new thread at some point.
Any idea when that will be mate cos my finger is hovering over the preorder button for the xstreamer but if what you've bought is a better option I'll hold off and look at that instead. One thing i would like to know is will it play 4k H265 files smoothly and does it passthrough HD audio?

Cheers

Last edited:
Any idea when that will be mate cos my finger is hovering over the preorder button for the xstreamer but if what you've bought is a better option I'll hold off and look at that instead

Cheers

Depends on what you want out of the device, but I'll try and do a video tonight just to show what the machine is like running Kodi, I must say the boot up into Windows/Kodi is about 15/20 seconds so feels like a media device rather than a PC.

The Mele is a mini pc running Windows 8.1 so for stuff like Netflix and Amazon you need to go through a few more steps to get them running from Kodi rather than having the Android based app, although that poses it's own issues with navigating.

I'll start a thread now, not sure if it should be here or in Home Entertainment Computers.

Any idea when that will be mate cos my finger is hovering over the preorder button for the xstreamer but if what you've bought is a better option I'll hold off and look at that instead. One thing i would like to know is will it play 4k H265 files smoothly and does it passthrough HD audio?

Cheers

It's just a mini pc mate. It's cpu is very,very low end, but after seeing some of the specs and video it runs windows ok, but seeing how the games run on this mini pc I was disappointed. very sluggish.....I guess it's worth £129 though. just not sure about performance tbh. I've seen low end £400 PC's struggle with media so not sure how this mini will cope?

The xstreamer prodigy 4k made for media in mind. very excited about getting mine

EDITED : Message should read that those who pre-ordered in Jan/early Feb should find their products shipping on the 16th Feb as planned. Any new pre-orders won't go until mid March. Sorry for earlier confusion.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom