• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Xsight Remotes

JimM

I currently have a Xsight Touch which does all I need but looking to buy another one for a separate room I see they've stopped making this and the only similar alternative would appear to be the Colour. However the reviews on the colour are not particularly flattering with lots of negative comments about setting up activities etc. The activities work fine on my Touch so I'm hoping the negative comments are just down to those not understanding how to program the unit. So other than the touch screen facility is there any other differences between the Touch and Colour?

Alternatively has anyone got a recommendation for a remote that has similar functionality but also has hard buttons for the numbers (hate using touch screens to enter a channel number)

Thanks

ZippyNL

Standard Member
I might be a bit late here, but the Colour is basically the same as the Touch, minus the touchscreen and charging cradle (it uses 3 x AA batteries so is a bit thicker too). The software for programming is identical, but if you want a second setup, you would need to use a different email address than the one you used with your Touch or you will overwrite those settings.
Hope this helps

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom