1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XS34 fan Noise

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by navin_uk, May 2, 2005.

1. navin_uk

navin_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is it common with most dvd recorders? noise is not too much but still noticeable..

is it only my hardware or is it with all xs34?

any suggestions r most welcome..

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    It is a fact of life with DVD recorders and Sky+, caused by the cooling fans.
    Some are noisier than others, it also depends on where the box is located.
    I have the earlier RD-XS30. My DVDR sits on a shelf in a wooden cabinet with a couple of doors which close over which helps a bit, but I have never found the noise level to be intrusive, only at night when the living room is empty and the Tv switched off am I aware of it.

3. MrPasty

MrPasty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got one of these (XS-34) myself. Fan is *way* noiser than Sky+ and I'm a bit disappointed.

Was yours multi-region? If so does it play back region 1 OK - I'm getting about a 60% success rate - and the ones it is not playing are *not* RCE. Sigh.

4. sinclair

sinclair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From your list I've only played Ronin R1 and Independence Day 2 disk R1 with no problems, so maybe it's the MR hack that's the prob. I think that you're right in that they aren't RCE. Mind you, following another post about RCE, I borrowed 2 RCE titles and they also played ok. As I mentioned in another post my XS34 isn't noticeably noisy.

5. ABP

ABP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got my XS34 Friday

Fan Very noisy I cant hear the Sky+ but the XS34 sounds like a hair dryer, The wife made quite a few comments thinking the heatin pump was not sounding good until i told her it was th XS34... Not too happy with the noise!!

For an 'Editing' deck the edits are IMHO poor. The edits have a definate pause in playback. I dont know if this is a fault or a 'characteristic' of this or all DVD HD Recorders?

Thinking of taking it back

I also cannot get the thing to tune to BBC1 with any clarity all other stations are perfect ?

AB-P