1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XS34 comin on tuesday, how to connect?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cejsmith, May 1, 2005.

1. cejsmith

cejsmith
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Got my toshiba xs34 coming on tuesday and looking for some advice how to connect it all up.

I have a 32" toshiba crt with dolby 5.1 built in

Sky +

And the normal TV feed is cable ( I'm in Milton Keynes we have a strange system)

I use normal scart leads to connect the dvd and sky+ at the moment and was thinking of upgrading the connection.

So whats the best why to do it and what leads should I use. PS Don't want to spend more than £100 on new leads if I can help it.

Thanks

2. PANASONIC MAN

PANASONIC MAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    £100 is really not going to get you much.

3. PANASONIC MAN

PANASONIC MAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    as far as i can tell you'll nbeed at least two scarts, unless you got a recorder of some sort, then its four.

an optical or coaxial digital cable for dvd, presumably, to tv. (this is of course, if your tv has got the digital in at the back)

and a male to female aerial coaxial lead, the one you get with the sky box is terrible, (well it would be for free) from sky to tv.

£100 will get you what you need, but to shine you'll need about £170-£250 depending on scarts.

4. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    Forget what the previous poster told you........anybody who spends that amount on leads has too much money and no common sense......he didn't even read your post correctly "unless you got a recorder of some sort".
    Just get a couple of good quality scarts......fully wired and nice thick cable means it will be individually screened.....no need to spend a fortune.
    The main thing is to take a lead from your Sky+ "Tv" scart to the RD-XS34 AV2 input then the RD-XS34 AV1 to your Tv AV1, make sure you set the Sky+ and the RD-XS34 to RGB for best quality.

5. cejsmith

cejsmith
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok Thanks for that, any particlular scart leads out there that I should get, I think the ones I've got only cost about £10 each. Also My TV has a optical and coax connection on it for the 5.1 , how do i connect both the sky+ box and the dvd recorder so they both get 5.1?

6. howardmg

howardmg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

I have connected my XS-34 to Telewest PACE box and TV via scarts to AV2 / AV1, but have kept video output / input type as the standard "video" setting. Are you saying that I should change this to RGB?

7. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    Yes, using RGB will give far superior pic quality. :smashin: