XS32 Time

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Talheedin, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Talheedin

Talheedin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought my XS32 last week after the recomendations on this sight and I'm well pleased. There's only one thing that's bothering me, how do you get it to display the time on the recorder's display while it's on? It shows the time when on stand by but I can't figure out how to show time when watching TV through it.

I know it's only a little thing but it'll save me having to buy a clock for my living room and going to all the trouble of putting a screw in the wall to hang it up and stuff!

I know it's probably so blindingly obvious that my one year old son will figure it out before me (he does spend a lot of time trying to press buttons) but I'm stumped!

Thanks

2. Matthew Attoe

Matthew Attoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Don't you just keep presssing the Fl Display button, which is towards the bottom of the remote?

I think it cycles thru stuff like time, channel, counter - that sort of info.

3. SDHoward

SDHoward
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yes, although the buttons actually called 'FL Select' for some reason

4. Talheedin

Talheedin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers, I'll give that a go tonight. I couldn't find any reference to it in the manual, I must have been looking in the wrong places.

Thanks again.

5. Dadd

Dadd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It seems to be the default setting when turning the machine on is to go straight to channel no. in the display, meaning I have to press FL Select button to get the clock. Is there any way I can change the default setting so that when I turn it on, the clock comes on automatically. I know I'm fussy! but I too don't have a clock in the living room!

6. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    after a problem with a panasonic DMR-EH50 i decided to go with the tosh (i-link - digital coaxal :D )

can you tell me how i get the clock on when its in standby? the display is blank when the machine is in standby - it was on at one point then i noticed it was off! weird!

Gary

7. ABP

ABP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gary

What problems did you have with the EH50. I was going to swap my XS34 for a EH50 due to very noisy fan.

I think both of the machines have limitations, it comes down to which is the best compromise for you.

AB-P

8. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826