1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XS32 Sky box control

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by gmr, Feb 15, 2005.

1. gmr

gmr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi
    This is my first post - but I've been reading the helpful posts here this last week to help me make my decision on the above recorder. Have very little in the way of a play as of yet, but it looks good!
    I'm trying to get the Toshiba control to change the channel on my Sky Thomson DSI 4101 box with no luck. I am entering the code 1480 (which according to the manual relates to the Thomson ASR51TG box) - and positioning the wand in front of the Sky IR receiver. I've rung Toshiba who didn't even seem to understand what I was referring to despite detailed explanations. Eventually I was told to try the universal code: 0326 - which also doesn't appear to work.
    Has anyone else had this problem? Is it right that when you're on AV2, the channel buttons on the remote should change the Sky channels? At the moment they control the input?
    Any suggestions appreciated - it's a key feature that I liked on the XS32 - would be disappointed if I can't get it to work!
    Many thanks,
    GMR

2. monocrider

monocrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Code 1520 works my (Panasonic) sky box.

If you're on AV2, and then press "Sat Cont" on the remote, then I believe the channel buttons are then supposed to work the Sky box, however this doesn't work for me (or I think anyone else). The best I've got is pressing "Sat Cont" and then using the numeric keypad to enter the channel number (e.g. 106 for Sky One).

That said, I do find the satellite control function incredibly useful for timer recording and overall am not really that bothered about the channel up/down button issue.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    John

3. gmr

gmr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    John
    Thank you so much for your quick response! And you sorted it too!
    The manual is missing that vital bit of information about hitting sat control! I found that 0326 works - and even the up/down channel works too.
    Haven't tried timer recording yet - in fact have barely tried anything yet.
    Thanks again,
    Gidon