1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xs32 rf interference

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by robbie b, Feb 7, 2005.

1. robbie b

robbie b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

My XS32 suffers from interference from the rf in socket. It appears as a horizontal band about an inch thick with black & white vertical lines within this band which scroll from right to left. I'm sure it is from the rf in as when I take the aerial out the lines vanish. I've already replaced all my scarts with good quality ones and have just replaced all the coax aerials with good quality ones (costy me almost £100 in total). When I replaced the coax from the wall plate to the xs32 it has reduced it but I can still notice it occassionaly and find myself looking for the lines rather than watching the screen :thumbsdow This is already my second machine, the first was replaced as it kept pausing during playback but also suffered from this interference. My current machine has also been to Toshiba for repair but they returned it saying it was fine (I hadn't sussed out the interference was coming from the rf in at this time so just reported the lines.) So my question is.....has anybody else suffered from this and found a solution? does anyone think Toshiba will be able to repair this ? or will I have to grin and bear it !?!
    I'm reluctant to send it for repair as I've only just got it back from Toshiba, they had it for 3 weeks only to report no problems.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. robkgriffiths

robkgriffiths
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem but fixed it by replacing the RF leads. Every RF cable in my setup has been replaced with high quality RF cables. These are gold plated with interference suppressors.

Here is where I got them from.

http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/680111.html

3. robbie b

robbie b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks rob

I've already replaced with the same leads - it has helped a bit but it is still a problem. I think I'll just have to get used to it !!

4. dood

dood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Make sure your RF cables are not in close proximity to mains cables etc.

5. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    Agree - for me, changing the RF leads removed 80% of the problem, and I got rid of the additional 20% by re-routing the cables to be clear of my power block.

Mark