1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XS32 IR Timings

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by AVFan7667, Dec 27, 2004.

1. AVFan7667

AVFan7667
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it posssible to change the timings (specifically the gap between) of the numbers sent out to change the STB channel?

Although I have no real prolems with it changing my STB channel, the gap between digits when it sends them is quite long, and on the occasions I have actually seen the change being made it looks like it is only just making it before the STB times-out.

Someone told me that some DVDRs and PVRs have this ability but I can't find anything in the manual (unless I have blatently overlooked it) about it.

Thanks

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,882
    No, you have no control over that at all, what STB are yiu using?

3. AVFan7667

AVFan7667
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's a Telewest Digital STB.

It needs the Red-Eye to work (www.redremote.co.uk) and this has a special XS32 compatibility mode, but it doesn't work well in that mode for some reason (that the manufacturer has yet to figure out).

In non-XS32 mode it works fine but the timings seem quite slow that are sent out from the XS32 and I can't help but think that 'may' be too sow one day.