1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XS32 Hard Disk Error (try again!)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by AVFan7667, Sep 16, 2005.

1. AVFan7667

AVFan7667
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If someone can delete the other thread I started, please do. It went wrong while posting and now is all messed up and I can't delete it.

Any way, I was saying...

I have owned my XS32 for 9 months now, and today for the first time I had a problem.

Turned it on (no DVD disc in) and there was a long, unusual, 2 minute pause, before an error message that the disc may be damaged or dirty (this was the hard disc it was referring to). Tried playing stuff back that way on it and recording stuff and it worked fine. Also switched it off and on and no error.

Is it a fault? How do I sort it? Maybe a format?

Has anyone had this error before?

Thanks

2. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    You do not get messages telling you that the hard disk is dirty so the message referred to DVD. Possibly with no disc in the machine it couldn't find the disc so came up with possible dirty disc. Certainly do not do a format of the HDD. Just leave things as they are and carry on. It doesn't seem as if there is any fault.