XS32 clock

R

Rossicha

A big hello to all forum members. This is my first post on the forum, although I have been an avid reader for the last year or so. I have had the xs32 for the last month, and have noticed over the last week that the clock is always wrong.

I have tried setting the clock using the automatic setting, with it set to channel one (bbc), and inputting the time manually. Within the hour, the clock has speeded up so that it is either 30 mins or an hour fast!

Has anyone else had this problem? :confused:

Rossicha said:
A big hello to all forum members. This is my first post on the forum, although I have been an avid reader for the last year or so. I have had the xs32 for the last month, and have noticed over the last week that the clock is always wrong.

I have tried setting the clock using the automatic setting, with it set to channel one (bbc), and inputting the time manually. Within the hour, the clock has speeded up so that it is either 30 mins or an hour fast!

Has anyone else had this problem? :confused:

Try turning off the automatic setting as that is sometimes the cause of incorrect setting.

This is very interesting - my dad was on the phone this evening and has the same problem with his XS32 (bought from RGBdirect).

Clock is either 30 mins fast or 30 mins slow - or correct. When fast/slow means recordings are wrong.

In his case - even when he sets the clock set to "manual" - sets the time correctly - sometimes the next day the clock has still changed 30 mins fast/slow and is incorrect.

Software or hardware bug ?

Anyone else with this problem ?

Mark.

I found this too last week although changing the clock manual seems to have fixed the problem.

Regards

Jerry

You may also want to try getting the time from a different stations or fine tuning the station your getting the time from.

Thanks for the advice, will try setting it to a different channel tonight. I have tried setting the clock manually, and the same thing happens- the clock shortly after reads 30/1 hour fast.

If I have time over the weekend I will call Toshiba...

Rossicha said:
Thanks for the advice, will try setting it to a different channel tonight. I have tried setting the clock manually, and the same thing happens- the clock shortly after reads 30/1 hour fast.

If I have time over the weekend I will call Toshiba...

Note that unless you switch off the Just Clock setting the clock will still be updated automatically from the tv signal.. even if you have set the time manually.

SDHoward said:
Note that unless you switch off the Just Clock setting the clock will still be updated automatically from the tv signal.. even if you have set the time manually.

Also if Just clock is getting the signal from a bad receiption it may have a problem.

You can set it manually and switch Just clock off.

or

Set the Just clock item to a channel with better reception.

I think this was covered some time ago and someone did phone Toshiba and were told to set it to a particular channel.

I can't remember which channel but I think it solved the problem.

that might explain it. Will make the necessary adjustments when i get in from work. I did do a search for this, but couldn't find anything on it.

Thanks for everyone's help!

I have this problem - hopefully sorted this out today - just came on here to update my post from a while back

Here is a copy of the answer!!!!!!!!!!!

Well clock keeps on loosing half an hour or an hour - or today 2 hours!!

Spoke to Toshiba today and they say it is a known problem with some transmitters and the local one at Sutton Coldfield causes this!!

The solution is to set 'auto update' off and 'just clock' off and then set the channel to '99'

Just done this so fingers crossed

Hope if anyone else has this it helps!

Ps still very very happy with the recorder - its brilliant!

m8tte said:
I have this problem - hopefully sorted this out today - just came on here to update my post from a while back

Spoke to Toshiba today and they say it is a known problem with some transmitters and the local one at Sutton Coldfield causes this!!

The solution is to set 'auto update' off and 'just clock' off and then set the channel to '99'

Then the clock doesn't synchronise at all.

Typical Toshiba... if a function doesn't work switch it off...

I never noticed before but on Saturday night the clock jumped at 9.00 to 9:30pm

I set the clock channel to BBC2 and it didn't change back.

I tried channel 4 now the clock said 10:29 at 9:59 then at 10:30 it jumped back to 10:00 the correct time.

Try setting the just clock channel to 4.

m8tte said:

Hi m8tte,

Any update with this on your system??

My father-in-law is having the exact same problem with his unit to - keeps missing films etc as recorder time means recording start late or to early :mad:

cheers
Gary

So far so good not had anyproblem since doing the setting as they said!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom