1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XS32 - AV Quality Screen

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by BarkingMad, Jan 17, 2005.

1. BarkingMad

BarkingMad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Last week, I needed to record 2h20m onto a 2h DVD. High Speed Dubbing wouldn't allow it, so I performed a rate conversion dubbing.

The AV Quality screen now contains the recording quality I specified for the rate conversion dubbing.

I have tried to clear the setting but I am not having much luck. The HDD setting is "---".

Does it matter that it has a specific setting instead of "---"? Does High Speed Dubbing look at these settings?

Thanks in advance

2. jdarushall

jdarushall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is the default setting, which you can change.

I guess it is --- because you have modified one of the settings.

Got to the HDD setting and I think its the frame advance to select setting 1,2,3,4 or 5 which are the ones in the table.

The ones listed are setting you can pick from the (Quick) menu when doing a rate conversion.

I usually set setting 5 as manual and change the rate in there first to the value I want 2hr 20 I think is about 4.0Mbs as you change the value in the table the time wll change at the bottom of the screen saying how much can fit on a DVD.

3. BarkingMad

BarkingMad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks jdarushall,

So do you know how to return it to the default "---" setting? Will high speed dubbing be performed at 4.0mbs?

4. tobyjuggler

tobyjuggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm not sure what setting "---" will record at but to change it back to any of the other settings (including changing the manual settings' bitrates), just highlight the area and press Frame Adjust.

5. jdarushall

jdarushall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

The default setting isn't "---" that means theres a problem and it hasn't got a default setting.

If you really waht to do that(???) then use the frame adjust to get the setting to be Setting 5. Then go down to setting 5 and change it. What should happen it the setting at the top of the screen will detect the change and change it to be blank or "---"

Across the top of the creen you have HDD and DVD and a box.

In this box is the default setting which is a value 1-5.

These settings (1-5) can be changed in the table below to the value you use most.

In you case to 4.0Mbs I would go to the bottom of the table

Get the first col to be manual, then next you change to be 4.0

move back up to the top line and change under HDD or DVD the value to be setting 5. This will mean that unless you change it the default will be 4.0Mbs.

Normally I would leave the HDD value at 4.5 (SP) and if you are dubing to DVD set the DVD value to setting 5 (4.0)

You can change all of this, and as someone has said even get it to calculate the value for you to fill the disc at the time when you come to dub. ( Can't remember how tho)

When you get to the dubing screen press Quick Menu and select AV quality then pick (in your case) setting 5 which would be 4.0Mbs. The calulate max qulaity rate may even be on that menu???

6. BarkingMad

BarkingMad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks - it is not sorted.