Xr75x95j ethernet port speed

Midnightmaraude

Novice Member
Reaction score
I just got my x95j delivered today (still in box). I currently have an nvidia shield pro with a 1 gig ethernet port that I use for a vod service that has 4k content.
Does anyone know the speed of the port on the x95j? My current receiver is not 4k so I'm hoping I can install the vod .apk and stream 4k content using the eARC to send sound to my receiver.

I know I could use the shield and install it in the tv hdmi sending sound still through eARC but I feel like that's an extra step and I could use my shield in the bedroom.

I just got my x95j delivered today (still in box). I currently have an nvidia shield pro with a 1 gig ethernet port that I use for a vod service that has 4k content.
Does anyone know the speed of the port on the x95j? My current receiver is not 4k so I'm hoping I can install the vod .apk and stream 4k content using the eARC to send sound to my receiver.
Fairly sure still 100Mbps, when talking about Bravia Core they only talk about 'your Wifi speed needs to be 115Mbps' to get the highest (80Mbps) quality stream ...

Fairly sure still 100Mbps, when talking about Bravia Core they only talk about 'your Wifi speed needs to be 115Mbps' to get the highest (80Mbps) quality stream ...
So copied below is from Sony. So the x95j has faster wifi speeds than ethernet?

1. The Pure Stream™ feature requires an Internet speed of at least 43 Mbps. To enjoy at the highest speed of 80 Mbps, you need an Internet speed of 115 Mbps or faster. Ethernet (wired LAN) connections are limited to 100 Mbps due to the TV's product specifications. Therefore, to enjoy 80 Mbps with Pure Stream™ functionality, you need to connect to a Wi-Fi router that supports IEEE 802.11 ac/n (wireless LAN).

Most tv's yes, for many years already ... The problem is usually stability not the speed, but the Sony's have had 802.11 ac for a couple of years now.
That's good to know. Ihave 1 gig speeds and the tv is on the other side of the wall from router so this should work out great

That's good to know. Ihave 1 gig speeds and the tv is on the other side of the wall from router so this should work out great
HDTV shows a USB3 lan adapter working at 900 Mbps. It doesn't work on older android tvs but maybe it does with those that come with Bravia Core streaming?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom