xport360 and transferring content

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by ncrules23, Sep 2, 2007.

1. ncrules23

ncrules23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok so i'm trying to transfer the "content" folder and "mindex" folder from the backup image of my old drive to the new drive in my 360...i copied both folders out of the image and onto my pc, hooked up the new drive, opened everything up, but there's no way to paste the old stuff...it won't let me drag and drop, and there's no paste option...i know a couple guys here have done this, so any help is appreciated, thanks...

2. Carnagerover

Carnagerover

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +223
    I had a similair problem when using this program, it was because i was using windows vista.

To get around this problem i turned off UAC ( User account control )

If this is your problem i recomment doing this, you can find out how by searching on google as i cant remember.

Hope this helps :smashin:

3. ncrules23

ncrules23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok just tried this method and still doesn't work, still won't let me drag the two folders from my desktop into the new drive...i even tried opening the image in xplorer360 and dragging that over to xport but still nothing

4. ncrules23

ncrules23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok finally got it to work....for anybody else having similar problems here's what i did...

i turned off the UAC which didn't do much, so instead of using xport i used xplorer360, this allows u to add files and what not to the image, but i basically just used that program and drag and dropped both folders into the image, it took me a couple tries cuz i don't think it's updated for vista yet, but i eventually got both of them to go...playing the xbox right now and all my saves and stuff r there, and all my music as well...i'm very happy that i don't have to re-rip about 50 cds and lose 130+ hours of oblivion