XMLTV editor advice.

elsmandino

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I would be grateful for any suggestions for a batch XMLTV editor.

By way of background, I am using WebgrabPlus+ to grab my TV listings from the TVGuideUK website, which outputs the information as such:

*Program Name
*Episode Name
*(Copy of Season/Episode)(Description)
*Season/Episode

I am then imoporting this for use with Argus TV.

The problem is that the Season/Episode information that I am grabbing is in the XMLTV_ns format - i.e. 1.1/2, which means S2/E2(of 2).

This is great for making sure that Argus records no repeats but the down side is that I have get the unconverted information at the beginning of the Description.

Is there any grabber that can take the the Season/Episode information, and convert it to the format SXEX format?

Thanks

Hi, I can't help with your specific question I'm afraid. But just to say that I get season / episode numbers in Argus using the RadioTimes feed via XMLTV GUI. Not all channels are available, but all the ones I use are, I fill the rest of the EPG in with OTA DVB.

Hi,

I did, in fact, used to use the XMLTV GUI (with the post-processor to inject Season/Episode info. into the title) but I decided to change on the basis that it was causing me a few issues.

There seemed to be some inconsistency in the information being grabbed so that I seemed to make a lot of duplicate recordings. Other than that (and, as you say, slightly limited channel list), it did work well to an extent.

Webgrab seems to be very accurate in the information it pulls from the TVGuide website and has more channels but the shortcoming above is the major drawback for me (more of an irritation than a problem).

If there were a post-processer, exactly like the one that the XMLTV GUI uses, it would be perfect.

Last edited:
Hi @elsmandino did you ever find a solution to this? With Radio Times XMLTV being closed down tmrw, I am looking for a new solution.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom