• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Xmas present disaster. Please help!

Marmite

Established Member
Hi

I bought a Sony DPP-FP90 printer for my girlfriend for xmas. After realising it didnt come with a USB cable, we picked on up the other day and tried linking it to her Macbook today. Unfortunately it seems it wont sync with a Mac, and having studied the guide it doesnt appear that it is actually compatible with Macs at all. Cant believe i didnt check this when i bought it. Im so surprised they dont make it compatible though.

Anyway, other than use memory sticks, does anyone know if there is a way i can get round this USB problem at all? Long shot i know, i was just hoping some genius out there might have come up with a solution to get ti working properly. At the moment i feel like a right wally.

icemanonline

Distinguished Member
Only way i can think of is................the printer works via Bluetooth? :eek:

If it does...... install adaptor in mac and send via bluetooth to printer.................other than that............ wrap it up and take it back (keep cable) and say it doesn't work with Mac ............you thought it did and see if they will swap or trade for 1 that does..............best I can think of......:)

icemanonline

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Looking at the Sony webpage for this item, it does look as if it isn't compatible with Macs at all. Even the latest driver page shows only windows drivers, so I'm afraid you might have to return it.

Marmite

Established Member
What nightmare. Cant believe they release these things and dont make them compatible with macs still. Bizarre.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom