1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xmas over

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by DustySox, Jan 5, 2005.

1. DustySox

DustySox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi

I had created some Xmas folders for my Ipod to play in the background on the "big day", (went down very well!) is there a way of taking them out of Itunes so as they don't re load onto my Ipod, so that come the summer and my Ipods in shuffle mode and does not begin with festive tunes! I ask as I don't want to delete them and have to re-rip next December!!

Kind regards

Darren

2. mick's cat

mick's cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On a Mac you just highlight them in the Library and choose Edit > Clear (or just press backspace). iTunes asks if you want to move the tracks from the iTunes Music folder to the Trash, so just click No. (If you're on Windows, I imagine it'll be something similar).

The tracks are still in the iTunes Music folder, just not registered in the Library. When you want them back in the Library, choose File > Add to Library, and locate them.

3. DustySox

DustySox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi micks cat,

thankyou for the answer, I will give it a go tonight.

I am PC, so fingers crossed.

Kind regards

Darren