Xmas lights need new plug/transformer help!

littlegit5

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!, picked up some (preloved) LED string lights so I can put them up around my daughter room. the issue is, they came without any means to power them i.e. a plug adapter or transformer. I've been searching the web and cant seem to find what it is I need from the info provided on the labelling on the lights. could anyone point me in the right direction for what I need?

thankyou in advance!

the label info is as follows:

Model: LED-FL-100-10m-24v
Reference no: LED.Fl.24.ROO
Rated Power: 24v~, 50Hz, 5.43W
Lamp Specifications: Non-replaceable: LED Vf=2.1-2.4V, If=20mA, 100bulbs.
Max 6 sets can be interconnected

May also be worth noting the connection for the lights is 2 pin

Can you take a picture of the lights and the connector, might be a bit easier to look for something that way.

Can you take a picture of the lights and the connector, might be a bit easier to look for something that way.
16175262849211567614053079234923.jpg16175263046292998131828952657489.jpg16175263368051675920487728049591.jpg

I had seen this, but i noticed they say to only use with their lights. Or is that just a ploy to buy their lights?
Companies sometimes make the connectors individual to them, so you have to buy their accessories/spares, so you might have their lights already, unless their is another brand on the label or lights?

Companies sometimes make the connectors individual to them, so you have to buy their accessories/spares, so you might have their lights already, unless their is another brand on the label or lights?
No mention of brand mentioned that ive noticed, think ill bite the bullet and hope they're compatable.

No mention of brand mentioned that ive noticed, think ill bite the bullet and hope they're compatable.
It does look the same, but just make sure the output is compatible, either get one and see or give them a call or email to be sure.

It does look the same, but just make sure the output is compatible, either get one and see or give them a call or email to be sure.
No mention of output on that plug so i shall email

Probably best, hope it's the right one :smashin:
They have replied! Stating it is mains voltage 230v with a 2amp rectifier. Which correct me if I'm wrong would suggest it would work as a replacement?

That would make it 48W, which seems a lot, but as you only need 6W, just make sure that it is a regulated supply as if not it will chuck out more like 30V with a 6W load.

Unregulated power supplies only deliver the rated voltage at the rated current, so if you run them with less load, the voltage goes up, sometimes significantly.

That would make it 48W, which seems a lot, but as you only need 6W, just make sure that it is a regulated supply as if not it will chuck out more like 30V with a 6W load.

Unregulated power supplies only deliver the rated voltage at the rated current, so if you run them with less load, the voltage goes up, sometimes significantly.
Mains power would be regulated wouldnt it?

The output voltage - the voltage fed to the LEDs should be regulated, but where a power adapter is designed for a specific load, it may not be.

So a power supply designed for a string of lights requiring 30W may provide excessive voltage if a string of lights requiring just 5W is connected. A regulated output ensures that any load up to the maximum the power supply is rated for will still provide the same voltage.

TBH, with LED it is nowhere near as important as it was with filament lamps, as LEDs tend to go pop if the current is not regulated properly, not the voltage. The resistors to manage this are normally built into the string, so any voltage from 12v - 30V is fine.

The output voltage - the voltage fed to the LEDs should be regulated, but where a power adapter is designed for a specific load, it may not be.

So a power supply designed for a string of lights requiring 30W may provide excessive voltage if a string of lights requiring just 5W is connected. A regulated output ensures that any load up to the maximum the power supply is rated for will still provide the same voltage.

TBH, with LED it is nowhere near as important as it was with filament lamps, as LEDs tend to go pop if the current is not regulated properly, not the voltage. The resistors to manage this are normally built into the string, so any voltage from 12v - 30V is fine.
Ahh i see, i do plan on stringing them so should cover some of that excess wattage atleast

Not worth messing about with, these lights are so cheap these days. This last xmas we cleared out all our lights and replaced with LED strings. Search ebay for LED curtain lights and cheap as chips. For our granddaughters bedroom she wanted LED wall string lights and IIRC they came with a remote control and run off a standard phone charger, cost £11 I think for 300 lights hanging on ten strips if that makes sense.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom