1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xmas internet shopping nightmares

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by cranium, Nov 30, 2004.

1. cranium

cranium
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Is it me :mad: :confused: or have internet retailers completely underestimated demand this year. CDWOW, who I have always rated really highly, seem to be delaying my orders eg Harry Potter 3 (R2) and Indiana Jones boxset (R3). I've also been waiting for a PC game Warhammer 40000 from them. From Blahdvd another PS2 game Driver 3 and recently BOL took ages to deliver and so did Amazon. It's doing my head in and now we know the postman has not been delivering items properly ie not leaving a card to say they'd tried to deliver so eventually the item is returned or lost in the post (Blahdvd reckoned they had hundreds of LK trilogy returned to them as not delivered).
    I think I'm going to stop ordering until after Xmas because I don't trust anyone anymore. How can CDWOW still have DVDS for sale when they have not had stock for ages eg HP3 with no date for suppliers to provide stock. I'd be less annoyed if it stated out of stock on the site or if they emailed quickly to let you know. And I won't mention how just about everyone ignores emails to customer service. I've seen similar threads so is anyone else having problems or thinking twice about ordering?
    The post office are also struggling as they have now recruited their casual staff for the busy period :thumbsdow :thumbsdow and ours does not seem able to read.
    :mad: Sorry - feel better now. Rant over. :mad:

Time for some wine :thumbsup: :zonked:

2. TopMeTom

TopMeTom
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    Dont get me started with cd-wow still i wait for spidey2, i could buy it elsewhere now,i have waited so long,and they keep putting me off i.e.:please wait till the 30th,confirm delivery address aaaaggghhhhhhhh its the same address i have had for years!!!!!!!!!!!

Pass me a FOSTERS! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

3. cranium

cranium
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well CDWOW redeem themselves with a speedy reply to my latest email. :thumbsup:
    Looks like HP3 is almost on its way. I do like etailers who reply to emails quickly - it gives you some confidence that there is somebody there who is dealing with things.

Now if I can just get this bloody postman to deliver letters to the right address I might just be able to relax a little :mad: :( :zonked: :) :D

4. Lostinapc

Lostinapc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just got my dispatch email for Harry Potter... should have it two weeks after release then, despite a preorder

5. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    the 2 things i have learnt about buying on the web

1. NEVER EVER, EVER, EVER, order anything you really really want on day of release online:
    For example LOTR: ROTK Extended edition - i would rather pay over the odds and get it from a shop on day of release than wait for some online retailer who hasn't ordered enough to tell me that i cant have it for another 2 weeks. i was stunned when people started to moan that star wars hadn't been delivered on day of release! now in a perfect world it would arrive on time but the truth is that things get lost in the post or cant be delivered etc. so do yourself a favour and go to the shops!

2.make sure of somewhere you can have it delivered too.
    If i order something that is over size (i.e. it cant go through the letter box) then i have it delivered to work as there is always someone there who can sign for it. my friend has his stuff sent to his brothers or his mums - hes never missed a delivery yet.

i will accept that sometimes we have no choice than to order over the web - but thats the price we pay - after all if you are ordering a R1 copy of something that you can buy here (i.e LOTR's) then thats the choice you make.

Gary

6. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is one online etailer I would use time and again - laoded247 (Used to be Futureent).
    I have never had a lost disc, disc addressed to someone else or had a disc arrive late...on the contrary, I have orderded discs and they have arrived the following day, including the new Mulan disc, which I orderded on release day and it dropped on the doormat the very next morning (R1).

I look at it this way - you's gets what yous pays for. Everyone will be looking for the bargains...Loaded are no more expensive than Play but their service is overall a much nicer and less stressfull experience.

7. Racquel Darrian

Racquel Darrian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +392
    You wait 'till you have a problem disc or a disc lost in transit.
    They don't want to know.
    It took almost a whole year and Trading Standards help to get a refund on Spiderman 1 that was lost in transit. :thumbsdow

8. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,904
    When did you order Spiderman 2? and which version as I ordered the Region 3 release Sunday night and it arrived today.

9. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Until that day...

10. TopMeTom

TopMeTom
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261

EERRRRRRRR SUNDAY 29 SEPTEMBER

11. TopMeTom

TopMeTom
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    And I Still Not Got It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    lol i've had 2 copies since release date :p although they are the region 3 one..

13. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    my ROTK EE was shipped today by dvd.co.uk so i might even have it on release day :thumbsup: if not tomorrow, then monday.

14. west

west

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

That is why I've only used loaded 247 a couple of times. It seems lots of people have had bad experiences with them and it doesn't seem like a good risk especially when their prices aren't particularly special.

The problem with pre-orders is that everybody seems to want to receive them on the day they are released. I don't know why everybody can't be a little patient especially considering most of you like myself have a huge collection to fall back on.

I didn't have any problem with my I, robot region 3 Pre order from CD wow as it arrived promptly. However, I had to wait for my copy of Mulan but CD wow had the decency to send me an e-mail telling me it was delayed. I didn't mind waiting then because they had informed me , without me contacting them First i might add! Two days later I received another e-mail from CD wow telling me it had been dispatched another two/three days later and it was in my possession.

I can't complain with Cd wow's service its always top notch and in the unlikely event of a problem their customer service sorts it out straight away with no hassle, sometimes you can get a response from CD wow within minutes of contacting them! :thumbsup: :smoke:

It took me 10 days before watching I, robot. How often do you watch the DVD the same day or even within the week of receiving it? I still have DVDs more than a year old unwatched! What is the rush for if you don't watch them immediately anyway?