1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xmas gift for dad

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by djsat2, Dec 10, 2004.

1. djsat2

djsat2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok, i wanna buy a new PC game for my dad as hes finished all the ones he has. I havent really been watching the PC games market recently so i dont know what good and whats not and i really cant be bothered to go buy a bunch of magazines when i might be able to get a good answer out of u lot! :p

Anyway, he's a big fan of RTS (has many C&C games) style games but prefere them not to be fantasy based or too futuristic (wouldnt like warcraft). Was wondering if there were any good RTS games out recently whch had tanks and good old fashioned 'blowing up stuff' style units instead of lasers and/or wizards. failing that any world war 1/2 based game thats easy to get to grips with would be good.

any suggestions?

2. Lutz

Lutz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Soldiers, Heroes of World War 2.

If he likes "big" games then I'd suggest X2: The Threat.

3. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,107
    The commandos series of games is quite interesting, you control a small group of soldiers.

If you Dad likes strategy games then Rome Total War sounds the ticket, the Total War series is excellent. This is turn based (civ style) with amazingly realistic but simple to learn RTS fights.

Or you could look at the Sudden Strike series for World War games but they are a little more complicated than C&C.

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,219
    If he likes RTS has he played Age of Empires? The second in the series is out Age of Empires II(The Age of Kings) and there is a gold version with the expansion pack included see here.

I have not played II, but the first one was very good which is now on budget which includes its own expansion pack for £4.99.

5. djsat2

djsat2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok thanks guys, i'll take a look at ur suggestions.