Xmas Desktop Purchase Help!!

Hi guys,

I need to buy my lovely girlfriend a desktop for Xmas, and not having bought one for about a decade I don't know where to start....i've seen the following on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pavilion-p6-2035uk-Desktop-Processor-Graphics/dp/B005ZPDZ66/ref=pd_ts_zgc_computers_428651031_1?ie=UTF8&s=computers&pf_rd_p=230304467&pf_rd_s=right-7&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=514938031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1WAP9AWFZ7WTX37S36XY

Only because it's number 1 on the top sellers list....any advice would be appreciated...

Cheers

:smashin:

shadowboxer

Whats it going to be used for? What's budget?

shadowboxer

I think your pretty much along the right lines with that spec. The i3 (2100 or 2120) are very quick processors so you'd be future proofing the build. They won't struggle at all with office work/browsing/media playback etc. Again 4GB is spot on.

Can't see anything which significantly tops that build (branded prebuilt systems) that is much cheaper?

Dell one here with a similar spec.

Dell Inspiron 620MT - slower processor (but still fine for basic stuff) but only 2GB of RAM (could easily be increased for about £15 to 4GB.

Perhaps somebody whos come across a better deal could post.

For a non-branded machine saw this earlier, Novatech iFlame Pro for £309.98 delivered.

Specs

Intel Core i5 2310 Processor
2 x 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory
1TB 3.5" 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive
Novatech Micro ATX Case With 350w PSU
22x DVD Writer
Intel H61 Chipset Motherboard
Novatech Wired Keyboard And mouse

Seems to be one of the better deals out there.

So all in all would you say that HP is alright? I think the main thing is that it shouldn't be slow and that she can have a few programs/windows open and not freeze basically....here current computer is shocking lol

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom