1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XlS200 or not?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by james4001, May 15, 2004.

1. james4001

james4001
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi a couple of months ago i took some advice from here not to buy a cheap sub and wait till i could afford a better one. So now the time has come i have been considering these subs:
    Monitor Audio ASW100
    Mordaunt Short MS309
    BK XLS 200

I dont have much space so the XLS 200 seems to be a good choice but i wondered it the larger size of the others would maybe result in a lower frequency responce. This is what i have for the rest of my speaker just incase its any help:

Fronts Tannoy MX3-m
    centre Tannoy MXC-m
    rears Tannoy MS2-m
    Amp Sony STRDB790

Any help would be great, james

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I'm afraid I can't comment on the others, having not heard them but I don't think you'll be dissapointed with the BK. Excellent toy to have :)

I'm sure you'd be happy with any of them TBH, it's a very good shortlist and these models are head and shoulders above the dirt cheap models.

3. james4001

james4001
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that it just backs up what i already thought but i have seen this:

Tannoy TS10

I liked the look of this as it is a Tannoy like the rest of my speakers which i rate highly and it is small but will it be as good in a corner as it is downfiring

James

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    The fact that it is downfiring shouldn't make much difference. My downward firing SVS is quite happy stuck in a corner. Having said that, I have never heard of the Tannoy TS10 and wouldn't recommend it solely for being the same make as the rest of your speakers.

5. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    I can happily recommend the MS309 :smashin: It is a cracking sub, very tight and musical with good slam and depth when needed and it always seems to have things under control. As said im sure you would be happy with any of the subs you listed (except the gale) as they are all great subs. :lesson: