XLS200-DF Now ordered ** :)

I assume it would be best to have a subwoofer plugged directly into a socket?

As a well known and respected member of these Forums would say," 8ins isn't really a sub woofer"

There are floor standing speakers with 8" bass drivers.For that extra oomph,you need to move more air and that means 10ins min.

I hope someone does offer you a demo,but for a true comparison,you need to hear them side by side.Trust the owners that have replied.the extra £15 will be worth every penny.

K.

Available now the new Gemini II. Outstanding value for money with it's 150W RMS amplifier, dual filters and display's. But now boasting a 10" polyprop drive unit to give it added depth

I was sure that it had a 10" driver. I know the amplification is less but.....

There is loads of articles and forums arguing that 2 is better than one so I'm really thinking of that route as we have the space.

My reference to an 8" driver was a reply to a post by Kap01 regarding the Velodyne CHT-8Q.

I know that the Gemini has a 10" driver as I was recommending it!.

You could find setting up two subs to be more of a tiring exercise than you may be expecting.

Good luck,

K.

Still waiting to order my XLS200! car Tax and other costs mean it will be next month now. Although really impressed with my MA BX2 set up, lots of low end kick with the speakers set to 'large' on my amp :) I can only dream what the sub will sound like.

Hopefully i will have pics next month!

Still waiting to order my XLS200! car Tax and other costs mean it will be next month now. Although really impressed with my MA BX2 set up, lots of low end kick with the speakers set to 'large' on my amp :) I can only dream what the sub will sound like.

Hopefully i will have pics next month!

Just to let you know BK don't take the money out of your account until the item is dispatched, given the lead time is normally about 10 days or so you may want to order a few days before payday.

i'm going through same debate with myself and initially was gonna save money and go for the Gemini but reading this thread has cost me £100 extra as i'm going for the XLS200 now
interestingly kap01 ive got a similar set up BX2 front BX centre but paired with R45 rears - had for 18 months now + v happy
i never got round to getting a sub til now but theres no way i can watch the new directors cut blu-ray of LOTR trilogy and the new Star Wars blu ray set without full on 5.1
:thumbsup:

The Bx2 range is fantastic... lots of low down bass!

i'm going through same debate with myself and initially was gonna save money and go for the Gemini but reading this thread has cost me £100 extra as i'm going for the XLS200 now

Good shout I would say, especially if it will be competing with what you say are fairly bassy speakers.

:smashin:

Surely it will be complementing not competing.:)

Regards

Mark

I cant decide on if i should change my left and right speakers to 'small' or keep them on 'large', im sure the sub will fill the gap but im worried i might be missing out on some mids?

hi all, was going to buy the the Gemini but looks like I'm going to order the xls200 DF. can anyone just confirm if it goes into standby or switches off if not being used? may be a bit of a silly question but i was reading on another BK thread that the gemini does and the xls200 does not.

also if any part was to fail outside the 2 year warranty, anyone having experience of repairs compared to throwing other manufacture subs in the bin situation. like im doing now. my current front firing sub destroyed by my 18month daughter !!!

thanks.

My XLS200 DF has just arrived this morning, bought from their ebay store yesterday so no waiting time.

Just gotta figure out the settings now... I have tried to setup the same as my previous sub.

What have you all got yours set up as? I have turned the high level gain to off as its connected via phono RCA via a single cable.

Thanks.

Low level Gain around 11'0clock to start with.

LFE all the way round till it clicks - this lets the receiver control LFE.

Phase at 0.

The run whatever speaker setup system your amp has and adjust the gain if necessary.

ENJOY!:D

regards

Mark

Just ordered my BK Subwoofer - XLS200 mrk 2 in walnut ...... cannot WAIT! ETA 2 weeks, watch this space!!

One question I do have is do i need a Granite board to sit under or can i do without? My floor is solid concrete with amtico engineered wood. So very solid and flat.

Hope you enjoy and re you previous post, can't see a new for you to have a granite.

ordered my xls200 DF Black yesterday. will be about 2 weeks. first BK sub.

Great stuff! Mine was just dropped off at my parents house.

I am counting down until 5.30pm! :eek:

how did it go? whats your thoughts? any pics?

how did it go? whats your thoughts? any pics?

Hi all....

See pics attached, this is a very very good quality sub. Initally I had to find the best location as it does take advantage off the walls.

This baby is Mega loud, I can only imagaine what a xls400 or the monolith is like?! . For music it drops VERY low. I have only tested this unit with a few films as want to run it for a week before I really throw a something BIG at it.

The walnut colour is slightly lighter then my Monitor Audio's and my AV unit, but no big deal...

I am currently running it at 10/11 o'clock gain. I think with films this can be increased to 12/1 for some real slam :devil: !!

I have a yamaha RX667 Amp and I have set this to 80hz cross over and the level at 0db.

So far very impressed :smashin:

I will attach the pictures this time!

Attachments

• IMG-20111028-00279.jpg
    IMG-20111028-00279.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG-20111028-00280.jpg
    IMG-20111028-00280.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG-20111028-00282.jpg
    IMG-20111028-00282.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG-20111028-00283.jpg
    IMG-20111028-00283.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG-20111029-00287.jpg
    IMG-20111029-00287.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 204
Updates: I have now worked out a great combo normal TV use, my my amp is set to as 2.1 and the sub is set to 8/9 o clock (so only a 1/4 gain) And it adds such a nice depth to TV/music channels without becoming overbearing.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom