Question XLR to RCA wiring help?

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have some excess cable and on one end I have xlr female connector but the other end is snipped off I want to solder an rca to the other end so I can use xlr out from my anthem to rca into my mini dsp for subwoofer .

The cable I have is Vandamme tour grade classic qke quad microphone cable.. It has 2 x blue 2 x white and a silver type cable . The female end for xlr was already connected so that's OK but how do I connect the other end to the rca connector? I would really appreciate if you could help with this as I don't want to connect it wrong and blow up anything....
Here are some pics to help . Thanks you..
15527432799371085947294514362951.jpg
15527433588738528104314996816732.jpg

All connection possibilities covered here...however, be careful , XLR out to RCA for subwoofer channel does not sound right at all, are you sure you want to do that?

How to Wire an XLR to an RCA Connector

All connection possibilities covered here...however, be careful , XLR out to RCA for subwoofer channel does not sound right at all, are you sure you want to do that?

Thank you.. Basically I want to use the female xlr end to plug into my sub out of my anthem AVM60 and the rca side goes into the miniDSP 2 x 4HD input 1. Is this not possible ? Thank you

Sorry why does this not sound right? Can you please elaborate.. I don't want to do anything incorrect.. Please see my previous post as to why I am trying to do this Thank you

I seem to remember using balanced XLR to phonos with a Behringer feedback destroyer many years ago - I think it was to do much the same as you are with the Mini DSP.

I seem to remember using balanced XLR to phonos with a Behringer feedback destroyer many years ago - I think it was to do much the same as you are with the Mini DSP.
Thanks.. Any idea how I wire the rca end ? Thanks

I can't remember how I did it, but looking at the link, I would use method two as it looks easier (link pins 1 and 3 in the XLR plug, and positive to the centre pin)).

There must be some guides for the Mini DSP how you want to use it, so try and find one of those so you can see what other people have done. That way you'll be 100% sure

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom