XLR output on a RME9632?

cameronl

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hi there, I'm about to get a processer that accepts XLR. How do I get my RME9632 to output XLR?

thanks

CaM

CaM

You'll need a XLR breakout cable, can your processor not accept the spdif out from the card a this is still digital?

If it for ripped music then using winamp/foobar with APE files is tops for quaility.

The XLR will only be stereo anologue. In the set up there is an option for XLR, then you just figure where to send the playback to which outputs.

Instead of a processor, why not buy XLR power amps or XLR active speakers.

Hope this helps

Rgds

Dave

I use SPDIF to the processor for home cinema - but the processor can also accept an XLR connection in order to use the analgue bypass function. I use uncompressed WAV files for my media server and it works a treat!

thanks

CaM

CaM

You'll need the XLR breakout cable to get the XLR. This maybe no better that the non balanced out (this cable comes standard) unless the processor outputs balanced to your balanced amps.

Once theatertek 2 is out, I can see there being a bigger market for the HCPC. I am soo looking forward to the release date again!!!

For me though RME should have tweeked their software to allow easier control of volume, maybe one day

yeah, maybe one day....but not likely. The RME would be a great DVD Audio card as well me thinks. I do have balanced all the way to the poweramps but i'll probably just run it in unbalanced as this all seems like hard work to me and I'm currently feeling lazy :)

thanks for your help.

CaM

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom