xlink kai help needed

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by quidditys_shore, Jan 9, 2008.

1. quidditys_shore

quidditys_shore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +148
    I've just bought an xbox and want to get online with xlink. I've tired using the xlink site but its a bit technical for me to understand!

i have the xbox connected to a wireless pc via a crossover cable, the wireless router being in another room. will i be able to get this to work at all? :D

2. scumball

scumball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +451
    You should be able to with Internet Sharing but there weren't many people using XBox when I last looked - mainly used for the PSP by the looks of it.

3. Chunder

Chunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    As scumball says, it sounds like you'll need to enable "internet connection sharing" within windows.

Download and install the XLink Kai software - it isn't really all that difficult; the trickiest part for me was to enable the port forwarding on my broadband router to allow the XLink/XBox to see the web; there's a good guide here

I just got myself set up this evening (using a Mac, not Windows, hence why I can't be much more help!) and there were plenty of people around about playing different games; Halo 2 was pretty popular, and I got myself soundly trounced a number of times... not to be expected considering that I've not played for 18 months or more... :)

4. bigjb

bigjb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +436
  5. quidditys_shore

quidditys_shore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +148
    well i've now got my console detected after about 5 hours! but its still got the network not reachable :mad: i think i've forward ported right but is there anyway of testing it?

6. bigjb

bigjb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +436
    From what i can tell the "network not reachable" means that port forward is not correct.Your best bet would be to go through the quickstart guide on the xlink kai site.Sorry i cant be more help as i have a modded xbox running xbmc so i used the ftp settings for the kai client within xbmc.

I am assuming that you have a stock xbox ?

7. Chunder

Chunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Yeah, sounds like a port forwarding problem; check the links on the page that I linked to - particularly the one to portforward.com which will give you pictorial instructions step-by-step to enable portforwarding for your specific router, and the specific piece of software (in this case, Kai XLink)... very handy!

8. TobyL

TobyL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive had it running no problems - just installed the software on pc, registered, then ran it on xbmc and put in the details - no problems