Question XK Detect X380

petrolhead

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for a quadcopter and £250 to spend.

I am interested in doing aerial photography and after a tool to allow me to do this.

As much as I would love a Phantom funds don't stretch that far :(

I want to be able to mount my GoPro or SJCAM to it and will buy a 2d Gimbal

The X380 get a good YouTube review -

This seems a good price for the copter - XK Detect X380 GPS Headless Mode 2.4G RC Quadcopter Standard Configuration - EU Plug

and the gimbal - FPV Brushless PTZ Brushless Gimbal Controller for GoPro 3 Camera DJI Phantom

Plus a spare battery - Extra Spare 5400mAh 11.1V 20C Battery Fitting for XK Detect X380 Remote Control Quadcopter

So any thoughts on my choice

Good choice of quad . The XK Detect X380 is perfect for aerial videography . I used a cheap Chinese gimbal with Runcam mounted and was happy with the results . The quad itself is perfectly ballanced and is easy to fly with the added attraction of being able to stay in the air for about 25 minutes .

Mine was OK till I decided to fly on a windy day , it became noisy ,then uncontrolable and just dropped . Broke an arm ,burnt out a motor . Parts are cheap ,so I ordered a replacement ESC and motor set but put the electrics into a copy Phantom 2 shell as they are very cheap .I did the same with one of my Flying 3D's .

I took the new XK on a test flight the other week and it did a flyaway .Again ,landed badly ,burnt another motor out . I think I've mounted the compass pointing in the wrong direction .Anyway GearBest were having a aniversary sale 2 or 3 weeks ago ,so I ordered my second x380 as it was only £143 .It's actually arrived today . I think there £177 at the minute . I just have to unbox it and fit the gimbal back on and take it for a test flight.

Like most quads these have there problems .Not doing the compass calibration properly can cause lots of trouble , but if you take your time and not fly in the wind [I've had lots of problems flying in wind ,especially with my flying 3D's] you should be OK .

I have a few videos on youtube taken with my 3D's , Blade combo and X380 . Check out the Detect ones , it's nice and smooth in the air .

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom