Xiaomi WEMAX ONE Ultra Short Throw 7000 ANSI Lumens Laser Projector - MIRROR BLACK

Roku2

Distinguished Member
So the only difference from previous model is that it is advertised as 7000 ANSI Lumens rather than 5000?
Is it 3D capable?

mckee74

Distinguished Member
Specs wise it looks the same - 3D thankfully is a yes.

It just appears to be the claim of 7000 lumens, and an English manual.

Roku2

Distinguished Member
Specs wise it looks the same - 3D thankfully is a yes.

It just appears to be the claim of 7000 lumens, and an English manual.
Great price too all considering!

A.I.

I'm finally about to start converting my garage later this month as planning took an age. The dimensions and layout are such that an UST projector is the only format that really suits. It's either a UST or a big screen TV.

Feeds will be movies and sports with some low level (Mario type non serious) gaming.

After thorough research a 90" experience is what I'm after. Almbient light is mostly controlled and viewing will in the main be after work in the evening so this should fit the bill.

I'll be an owner of this unit early August. Off to research a 90" screen now. Budget is already stretched so need to get it right and no expensive mistakes. Pity Xaiomi don't have an ALR screen to pair their projector with.

Photos later.

grahamo77

Novice Member
I've pulled the trigger on this via Gearbest, delivering to the UK. Planning to project onto a plain white wall to begin with, and only go for a screen if the results are disappointing.

Roku2

Distinguished Member
I've pulled the trigger on this via Gearbest, delivering to the UK. Planning to project onto a plain white wall to begin with, and only go for a screen if the results are disappointing.
I'm finally about to start converting my garage later this month as planning took an age. The dimensions and layout are such that an UST projector is the only format that really suits. It's either a UST or a big screen TV.

Feeds will be movies and sports with some low level (Mario type non serious) gaming.

After thorough research a 90" experience is what I'm after. Almbient light is mostly controlled and viewing will in the main be after work in the evening so this should fit the bill.

I'll be an owner of this unit early August. Off to research a 90" screen now. Budget is already stretched so need to get it right and no expensive mistakes. Pity Xaiomi don't have an ALR screen to pair their projector with.

Photos later.
Look forward to this. Same awesome UST projector and more lumens for about same price? That is a WINNER!

FishManP

Novice Member
Does anyone know about the OS? The only reason I didn't get last year's iteration was the Chinese OS and having to install apps to get some English in the interface.
Also does this have a fully functioning Google play services? So English application's can be installed.

mckee74

Distinguished Member
Does anyone know about the OS? The only reason I didn't get last year's iteration was the Chinese OS and having to install apps to get some English in the interface.
Also does this have a fully functioning Google play services? So English application's can be installed.

No one knows yet.

mckee74

Distinguished Member

dazm41

i suppose the question is do you think you can see the difference in the 7000 lumens compared to the 5000 lumens in the real world ?

Mark_a

I would think it would allow you to go for a very dark screen and thus have better blacks and contrast.

Roku2

Distinguished Member
i suppose the question is do you think you can see the difference in the 7000 lumens compared to the 5000 lumens in the real world ?
2000 more lumens more would be a significant increase...Heck even 1000 lumens more would!

grahamo77

Novice Member
My expected shipping date is Jul 23-30, although Gearbest just sent me a note to say they are expecting more stock on July 15th

stevevalo

Standard Member
My expected shipping date is Jul 23-30, although Gearbest just sent me a note to say they are expecting more stock on July 15th

Hello Graham, are you in the UK? I started this thread as I was planning on buying one by now. However due to 3.5 year old, work, mortgage, and a house 65% covered in wood in the UK, I haven't (UK weather joke). Plus I've just finished reading the 83 F'ing pages of the 5000 lumens thread!! (Only because of Roku and some Test Equipment guy). Long story short I'm still planning on getting the black one.
When are you expecting to get this one? So you can confirm if it's in English?
Also did you order from a EU warehouse?

grahamo77

Novice Member
Yes, I'm in the UK. There was no option for an EU warehouse so its coming from China. Best case scenario i think is that it ships on Jul 23rd and then takes a couple of weeks to get here. But I've never ordered from Gearbest before so not sure what to expect...! Of course if/when arrives I'll let you know how it is.

stevevalo

Standard Member
Ordered last night before the flash sale ended, also used a coupon to get another £15 discount.

Now the long wait...

grahamo77

Novice Member
My order has today just moved to "Shipped Out". The estimated shipping time is 10-18 business days, so I guess another 2 to 3 weeks til its here.

Mark_a

According to their ad it's not actually available in English but can be partially translated with a side-loaded app. 'Course, they could be just regurgitating the same stuff from the last one and not actually know for sure, either way.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J/A80J OLED details, Best type of Amplification, Film & TV Show News + Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

LG offers best ever OLED prices - for one week only
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony launches Bravia XR A80J OLED TVs in Europe
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Tidal streaming service acquired by Twitter/Square's Jack Dorsey
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix adds support for reduced theatrical release window